Airventure 19 Bushcat Raffle

petercoota

Online entry ticket buyers to Airventure 19 were entered into a raffle. The prize was the Bushcat that the students built at the show. Does anyone know where the winner of the raffle was announced? 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That makes sense, I guess that ownership can't be transferred until the 25 hours are done. I thought it was a great idea involving the schools & got a huge amount of publicity, then no further news. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Well, i heard nothing from the RA-Aus when i asked, they were distancing themselves from it and told me to ask elsewhere. 

Now airport gossip.

Then i heard that the buscat people were getting paid their cost price for the kit from the Natfly people, Rotax donated the engine, bolly the prop and so on but the aircraft had to be paid for at cost price.

Natfly people have not paid more than a token deposit so the plane is not going anywhere. They are blaming the bad weather and NO ticket sales for the event and have ceased operations.  I say this is all airport gossip BUT i am at the airport where the plane is located and it has more than 25 hours.

Its a shame because it was a great idea and a good way to win a nice new plane !

• Agree 1

Airventure is not run by RAA. They are just one of the major sponsors as is/was Bushcat GAP, Azimuth, Ozrunways Aviation trader & Parkes.  Airventure is a Not for Profit organisation originally founded with collaboration from RAA, SAAA, APA & GFA. That collaboration seems to have somewhat soured. The weather certainly played a part in the success of the fly in. Saturday was horrendous with a massive dust storm & the site was evacuated. Conversely Sunday was great & the Airshow well attended but overall they would have lost money. It was well planned & run but the cost to put on would have been huge. I'd think the kit cost less engine & prop would still be around 20k so I'd say whoever won it ain't getting it.

• Like 1

Hmmm, sounds like this mob could be in trouble as regards compliance with the NSW Lotteries and Art Unions Regulation 2014 - and I'll wager the winner will be getting his lawyer to examine the T's&C's of the competition, if they don't receive the stipulated prize.

https://airventureaustralia.com.au/about-us/terms-conditions/

You should sell the TV rights; a Class Action with one plaintiff would be a world record.

It would appear that there will be no draw so all ticket holders would be potential plaintiff's yes?

• Like 1

I would be miffed if I bought a ticket, & the prize, is not going to be drawn.

To the point of requesting a refund of my hoped for ticket !.

So who IS going to get that aircraft, a Friend of a friend ?.

spacesailor

• Like 1

You were in the draw by paying the entry fee. I'm not sure is that was for the 3 days or a single day. Most pilots who flew in paid by credit card in advance. If you camped there was an extra $20 for the weekend. There was a good crowd on the Sunday who just paid at the gate. I don't know if they supplied their address details if they paid cash.

• Like 1

Tickets that qualified for the draw had to be purchased on-line BEFORE the event.  Tickets purchased by any other means whatsoever are not valid entries so its down to me and lets say 50 others.

Look, i doubt there would have been a problem if the event was successful but it wasn't successful through no fault of the organisers who I think tried really hard and we just called out by conditions you could not ever imagine. It is funny how everyone is distancing themselves, when I contacted RAA they very politely told me they had nothing to do with it. The plane was meant to be drawn at the event on the Sunday but even before evacuating on Saturday they had changed it to say the plane had to fly 25 hours before it could be drawn ?  well, it now has way more than what is needed and it still not been awarded. Who do you chase ? And will chasing it do you any good. They could just award the prize to somebody's cousin and move on saying it had been awarded but when they are not saying anything at all it leaves a very bad taste in your mouth. I thought all of these type of raffles especially one with a major prize like this had to be government regulated

• Agree 1

Seek legal redress through a class action, what a great suggestion. Call Blackman Turner Overdrive or whoever it is is advertises on TV then pay 60% of the payout so if 2000 join the class action you'll only owe $1000 each.

Just what the world needs, more legal parasite action.

Seek legal redress through a class action, what a great suggestion. Call Blackman Turner Overdrive or whoever it is is advertises on TV then pay 60% of the payout so if 2000 join the class action you'll only owe $1000 each.

Just what the world needs, more legal parasite action.

Flyboy just told you:

"Tickets that qualified for the draw had to be purchased on-line BEFORE the event.  Tickets purchased by any other means whatsoever are not valid entries so its down to me and lets say 50 others."

So before anyone gets excited they need to be in that 50, and even then they need to read the terms and conditions relating to those 50 tickets., and after that they need to read the Consumer and Competition Act 2010, and after that they would probably need to go to the Civil Adminitrative Tribunal for the Jurisdiction involved and be able to show where the Organiser breached the Consumer & Competition Act, or any other applicable Act, and the Organisers then have the opportunity to present their side of the story.

Good luck

Who was the numbskull who didn't get the event covered by Event Cancellation Insurance?

https://insuranceandrisk.com.au/article/when-the-show-doesnt-go-on/

Even if they had insurance the company providing it can say weather is an act of some God then not have to pay out...............................then say you should have read the fine print provided in the link that led to over 12,000 pages of legal speak.

• Agree 1