Off Topic Migration

Admin

I think it's a good idea...In The Clubhouse set of forums...any thoughts on this (funnies will be combined)

1. General Off Topic - for all the general stuff

2. Politics and Religion - politics yes but not sure about religion

3. Autos and Bikes - cars and motorcycles and boats and trains etc

4. Sports or Health - most people when they get together, especially in Melbourne talk sports but I also wonder about whether we could help each other in terms of health

most of us seem to be the type of deviants who haunt both sites, so it makes sense to merge. 

I am particularly fond of the funnies, I always need a laugh to make the day bearable being at work whilst the sun shines and the winds are fair.

cheers 

clinton

• Like 1

You could call it something like "In the Clubhouse", or "Around the Clubhouse Bar" to suggest that the content was more like the conversations we have at the end of the day's flying while sitting around relaxing with a drink.

Yes, one Car Race foum calls it "In The Pits", a Golf forum calls it "The 19th hole" etc ...

Those bloody Tasmanians, 390 of them Immigrated to Australia last year, blooody over-running the place, can't even speak our language  ... oops ... wait, different title ..

I want it back here.

Can you do a hide that subforum option if people want? I think the biggest complainers last time was seeing the Off Topic threads in "What's New" even if they didn't open any of them.

I agree.

For about a month, more people were contributing to the "Atheists" thread and the "JuliaR" thread than aviation threads. I hope that we won't have something like this happening again on the Recreational Flying forum. 

Keep the religion, makes it interesting and politics are religion are always bad bedfellows. And the public get screwed. To remove the ability to discuss the unholy alliance is a disservice to any hangar bar talk.

It is also fun, sticking it to the sky fairy believers.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1