Rpc With Nav endo to Rpl With Nav

Ando

Has anyone done the conversion to Rpl recently ? I have the Navigation endorsement just looking at how the process of carrying it over Works and if GA Nav is the same or seperate. Thanks guys. Andy

Definitely talk to a GA instructor on this. I am not one.

In my opinion, an RPL with a navigation endorsement is basically a PPL with an initial medical exam.

The flight crew radio licence carries over and that would be about it.

While it will be easy to do all the navigating, the RPL pilot still needs to show how to use everything in the cockpit which may include a VOR/NAV receiver, ADF and transponder. Then there is ADIZ procedures, CTA and CTR which an RPC typically won't cover.

The RPL needs to do the English language proficiency exam which is $190 worth of time you won't get back

The RPL needs to do the English language proficiency exam which is $190 worth of time you won't get back

Another ridiculous example of the double standards in recreational flying in Oz. What instructor is going to pass a student if they can't communicate in a CTAF.

• Agree 1

"Another ridiculous example of the double standards in recreational flying in Oz. What instructor is going to pass a student if they can't communicate in a CTAF. "

WHY ! 

If the Blind can fly Why not the deaf & dumb ?.

Remember the bind Pomy trike flyer, going around the world, getting a reception at MASCOT airport.

spacesailor

Go here and follow the links to see the differences between an RPL with nav endorsement and a PPL https://www.casa.gov.au/standard-page/flight-crew-licensing-information-sheets

It also explains the transition from RPC to RPL.

The flight radio endorsement requires the English language assessment.

Have fun in the Citabria!