RAAus member/general survey

kasper

I have just done the survey and consider it relevant, but a couple of the questions requiring ranking would not allow me to answer in a way that would show my feelings. No doubt because I am also a PPL holder flying an experimental and therefore RAAus is not the be all and end all.

I did make comments where able to and at the end.

Overall it was fairly done.

I found the same issue and made a similar (I presume) comment at the end.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ian wants to know why membership here is dwindling. The answer is in this post. Five grumpy RAA members venting. Probably ten by tomorrow, out of ten thousand or whatever. Like me, the majority just get turned off by the constant unreasonable sniping. If there is a need for an anti- RAA web site, then let it be somewhere else. If it is this site, then Ian has his answer, and most of us are gone. With the rest of the spineless yes men.

There is ample space for comments in the survey. I completed it without trouble. If you have extra advice for RAA, send them an email!

Disclaimer, I have no dog in this fight, other than a desire for RAA to continue to service my needs and not be diminished by unreasonable attacks.

I would give Ian credit for having sufficient intelligence, and maturity to know better than that rubbish. He appears to encourage a courteous debate of issues generally. Ie respect for other opinions.  Not pointless bagging.

• Like 1

Ian wants to know why membership here is dwindling. The answer is in this post. Five grumpy RAA members venting. Probably ten by tomorrow, out of ten thousand or whatever. Like me, the majority just get turned off by the constant unreasonable sniping. If there is a need for an anti- RAA web site, then let it be somewhere else. If it is this site, then Ian has his answer, and most of us are gone. With the rest of the spineless yes men.

There is ample space for comments in the survey. I completed it without trouble. If you have extra advice for RAA, send them an email!

Disclaimer, I have no dog in this fight, other than a desire for RAA to continue to service my needs and not be diminished by unreasonable attacks.

I must say that I have been contemplating becoming one of the 'leavers' for a while now.

I first met Ian over breakfast at N'mine in 04 or 05 and he talked about some ideas he had and the website. Upon returning to the airfield he discovered he had a flat tyre so a few of us helps him out while having a good old laugh talking about 'us and them' and the general direction we were all headed. All light hearted stuff.....

I think I joined this group in 06 with another avatar and made a couple of comments but dropped out for while and rejoined a few years ago. But I must say that it is all a bit too negative.

While I may disagree with RAAUS and Casa from time to time I have tried to keep my internal froth and bubbles of faux outrage in check; and emailed, written letters to the editor, phoned and asked/commented face to face with relevant staff.

My letters were published so it showed that they are listening and encouraging comment. I have attend every seminar at Gawler over the years and they answered all questions and as it turned out I and many others had too many preconceived ideas that were fed by forums like this.  If you want the answer, ask the people making the policy.....not a key board warrior.

We all remember how Don Ramsay was treated on this site......a very ordinary period I must say. Good to see his comments recently.

So it is time to leave. I may check out the site from time to time to see what direction it is headed.

I will miss the info and energy from Bex and the input from Pmc,Skippy and Don.

'Jabiru 4690 clear all runways'

Ken

• Informative 2

I first met Ian over breakfast at N'mine in 04 or 05 and he talked about some ideas he had and the website. Upon returning to the airfield he discovered he had a flat tyre so a few of us helps him out while having a good old laugh talking about 'us and them' and the general direction we were all headed. All light hearted stuff.....

This is what the site (the resource) was for...we are in this together and we all have the same common interest and should be able to help each other in a light hearted friendly way...that was my dream

But I must say that it is all a bit too negative

I wonder how can we cut out the negative without stifling good, honest and above all "healthy" debate...why do we have to attack the player for having a different opinion instead of talking about an issue itself?

And one final thing, why can't we post about our fun flying times instead of only talking about issues...where are the photos, the videos, the trip reports, the fun times we are having, who we met up with and where etc etc etc...come on, lets bring the "community" back into this great resource with "All the light hearted stuff..."

• Like 4

I must say that I have been contemplating becoming one of the 'leavers' for a while now.

But I must say that it is all a bit too negative.

So it is time to leave

'Jabiru 4690 clear all runways'

Ken

I apologise to all if I have appeared to be negative to the RAA. As one how has operated two recreational aircraft in a parallel universe for more than 20 years with only one of them benefiting from the "help" of RAA I can't help it, sorry. 

I apologise to all if I have appeared to be negative to the RAA. As one how has operated two recreational aircraft in a parallel universe for more than 20 years with only one of them benefiting from the "help" of RAA I can't help it, sorry. 

I’ve always thought your posts were balanced and reflects someone who doesn’t have a political agenda. 

I for one dislike RAA, As the last HummBird registered, under  95-10. then told no flying in the allocated register. 

Took my money, but no help what-so-ever.

Just pay again in another category.

even had members telling me "Pull your head in", & let it go, as we want heavier aircraft.

spacesailor

• Informative 1