ATSB investigation of j430 vh-ofr

What did you change to produce more power?

Was just a by product of changing to a different type piston, piston change wasn't intended for increased power. Piston were

changed to prevent piston break up which seems to have worked, this project has cost us a huge amount of money and time , we are now working on a ring pack to complement this piston and we have had some amazing results so far with one engine 3300 has done over 130 hrs and absolutely no oil in the bottle, bottle is bone dry, we havnt striped this engine to see how cylinders are going ,[ owner wont allow us ] but I hope to bore scope cylinders next week

• Like 1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was just a by product of changing to a different type piston, piston change wasn't intended for increased power. Piston were

changed to prevent piston break up which seems to have worked, this project has cost us a huge amount of money and time , we are now working on a ring pack to complement this piston and we have had some amazing results so far with one engine 3300 has done over 130 hrs and absolutely no oil in the bottle, bottle is bone dry, we havnt striped this engine to see how cylinders are going ,[ owner wont allow us ] but I hope to bore scope cylinders next week

Very interesting results, the whole project sounds like it's going somewhere!

Bruce it surprise me too; I believe during WWII only the Russians used Diesel engines in their tanks.

British Matilda IV tank was powered by twin Leyland 6cyl diesel engines. 95 hp each

Robert

• Informative 1