Lockhart River Qld. Plane crash. 11th March 2020.

Guest Machtuk

I'm not talking of losing control. That's really a no brainer. It's the distance/magnitude of the error. You are covering the ground really fast . Look how folks are way behind the plane when they don't plan properly or are back from leave . It even happens when some get in a C 210 let alone when you are doing 8NM a minute.

You are singing my tune on unusual attitude recovery. I've been pushing that for years. They aren't called 3 axis for nothing. You should have got a Pitts or similar which is strong. .Nev

Oh I've got a fully aerobatic plane, can still get ugly though?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: thread starter subject. I hope the accident report gives an indication of the instrument panel layout. And if there had been any recent panel mods. And had the pilot been flying another aircraft of the same type though different panel layout.

A friend has explained to me that an asset is something that earns you money and a liability is something that costs you money. So the nicest and most expensive aeroplane is still a liability.

Heh, the famous saying re the 3 F’s about covers it...:laugh:

...good for the health though... a non-taxable fringe benefit...?

Guest Machtuk

Re: thread starter subject. I hope the accident report gives an indication of the instrument panel layout. And if there had been any recent panel mods. And had the pilot been flying another aircraft of the same type though different panel layout.

All IFR platforms have the same basic instruments, even the latest PFD's have the main layout of the old six pack. Doubt the panel layout contributed to this accident.

Hence the employment of so called "Contractors" which really are just employees. If blame and liability can be shifted to the last link, to the one actually doing the service or work then the higher ups don't have to deal with it.

As I said if pilots went to ANY authority with complaints, they would not be pilots anymore, once word is out they would not be employed anywhere. It's reached that level.

Student Pilot

Pilots are their own worst enemy they would cut each other’s grandmothers throats to get a job and this is where the problem starts it is not about CASA, legislation or safety management plans it is about supporting each other it is about doing the right thing whether it costs you your job or not, then it is about the next guy saying sorry mate you sacked “John/Jill” for complying with the regs I’m not going to work for you. Sadly this probably wont happen cause the next person will do it for $5 less an hour and so the cycle continues, until you all start to back each other up it will continue.

For the record I chose long ago not to pursue a career in aviation and I’m glad I did as I have done 5000 times better in oil & gas than I would ever have done in aviation, that said I have stood up many a time in that industry and said no and as a consequence have lost jobs but I didn’t stop doing it. I once got a warning letter for stopping a job (reason -not being a team player)

Aldo

• Like 3

What would be wrong with putting the responsibility on the driver who overloads? We are genuinely a nation of f*ckwits if we need to penalise someone for not stopping someone else's stupidity.

Mate

COR removes the pressure from the driver to drive just because the boss says so, as the boss can go to jail for forcing the driver to drive just like GA only the boss is not accountable in GA to the level it is in the transport industry these days

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

I thought as much!

Like I've said in another post unless you have been there and done that (actual commercial charter) then you really have no idea about the industry!

I feel sorry for you guys as you simply don't like the truth when it comes from qualified people prefering to big note yourself with fairy tales!

Machtuk

One doesn’t need to work as a commercial pilot to understand the pressures of commercial flying. I have a MECIR, RPC, PPL and several thousand hours all paid for out of my pocket, I do a lot of business flying (my business) and believe me the financial pressures are very real, when was the last time you had to forgo your wages because of a decision you made as PIC (I don’t imagine you would ever have had this happen) so you really don’t understand commercial pressure, your commercial pressure is all coming from you because you as PIC get to make non financially binding decisions they are all about the safety of the flight and if you are not doing that you don’t deserve to be a commercial pilot.

My opinion in GA (commercial or otherwise) if you do 2 missed approaches and don’t exercise your alternate you are a fool and you are endangering you pax, if you are RPT most if not all will be coupled approaches in shit weather, I don’t get the opportunity to fly an ILS so I have no coupled approaches but I will always carry enough fuel to go to my alternate.

So please don’t come on here and tell us plebs we don’t understand the realities of commercial pressures.

Feel free to give me a call to discuss further if you please 0429 674 790

Allan Bougoure

• Like 2
  • Winner 1

M61 you are wasing yr time with turbo, I've put the fool on my ignore list! He just doesn't get it as he has no idea about commercial charter flying, a wannabe pilot!

Machtuk, for what it's worth, iv'e been a member on here for many, many years, and as such appreciate that everyone, however knowledgeable, is entitled to there own opinion. However, personal attacks on individual members are certainly not appreciated, and should in my opinion be kept to themselves. Please at least keep things friendly, regardless of how strong your individual views are. This is what we've had in the past and it would be great to keep it that way. Turbs is no fool and his views may be different to yours, but please show him a bit of respect regardless of your qualifications which not all may agree with. Thank you in anticipation.

Rgds Planey

• Agree 3
  • Winner 2

Guest Machtuk

Machtuk

One doesn’t need to work as a commercial pilot to understand the pressures of commercial flying. I have a MECIR, RPC, PPL and several thousand hours all paid for out of my pocket, I do a lot of business flying (my business) and believe me the financial pressures are very real, when was the last time you had to forgo your wages because of a decision you made as PIC (I don’t imagine you would ever have had this happen) so you really don’t understand commercial pressure, your commercial pressure is all coming from you because you as PIC get to make non financially binding decisions they are all about the safety of the flight and if you are not doing that you don’t deserve to be a commercial pilot.

My opinion in GA (commercial or otherwise) if you do 2 missed approaches and don’t exercise your alternate you are a fool and you are endangering you pax, if you are RPT most if not all will be coupled approaches in **** weather, I don’t get the opportunity to fly an ILS so I have no coupled approaches but I will always carry enough fuel to go to my alternate.

So please don’t come on here and tell us plebs we don’t understand the realities of commercial pressures.

Feel free to give me a call to discuss further if you please 0429 674 790

Allan Bougoure

I wouldn't waste my time with you!

Guest Machtuk

Machtuk, for what it's worth, iv'e been a member on here for many, many years, and as such appreciate that everyone, however knowledgeable, is entitled to there own opinion. However, personal attacks on individual members are certainly not appreciated, and should in my opinion be kept to themselves. Please at least keep things friendly, regardless of how strong your individual views are. This is what we've had in the past and it would be great to keep it that way. Turbs is no fool and his views may be different to yours, but please show him a bit of respect regardless of your qualifications which not all may agree with. Thank you in anticipation.

Rgds Planey

No need to thank me, I'm not after a fan club!

I wouldn't waste my time with you!

Probably should pick up your bat and ball and go home mate you are way too good for us. There are quite a number of wide bodied jocks with multi thousands of hours on this site who are extremely helpful and informative it’s a shame with all of your experience you are not the same. Is it any wonder with your attitude that pilots are continuing to kill themselves the same way they have been since flying began. Oh and don’t bother responding I’ve put you on my ignore list ?????

Aldo

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

Guest Machtuk

Machtuk, it's time to pull your head in, and be a little bit civil towards others who have differing opinions to yours.

That could also apply to those that don't agree with my informed opinion, it works both ways ya know but let's not upset the apple cart hey due some facts,

Mate

COR removes the pressure from the driver to drive just because the boss says so, as the boss can go to jail for forcing the driver to drive just like GA only the boss is not accountable in GA to the level it is in the transport industry these days

Yeah, I know how it works....I have issues with anything that makes someone else responsible for your behaviour.

Yeah, I know how it works....I have issues with anything that makes someone else responsible for your behaviour.

It is not about making someone else responsible you still have that responsibility it is about accountability all the way from the bottom to the top. The reason we have CoR regulation is because the top only ever thought about profit it is exactly the same reason unions exist, if the top did the right thing unions wouldn’t exist.

And all of the above is from a right wing business owner

Aldo

• Like 3

Aldo.There's a lot of truth in your statement. To operate in the most safe way you will be required to put your job on the line, many times, unless you live a very sheltered flying career. Some might be so fortunate. Nev.

All IFR platforms have the same basic instruments, even the latest PFD's have the main layout of the old six pack. Doubt the panel layout contributed to this accident.

Under an STC you can instal an Aspen and remove the original dial Altimeter and VSI. Aspen use vertical tape indicators.

Guest Machtuk

Under an STC you can instal an Aspen and remove the original dial Altimeter and VSI. Aspen use vertical tape indicators.

I know that but you missed my point! I've got 1000's of hrs on PFD's!

OK macfuk...you know everything....everybody else are wrong.....we are all plebs !

Do you really think anybody gives a flying macfuk about your opinion. Ian is doing his best to keep this site above water!

Rather than annoy the living shit out of us all DONATE SOME OF YOUR HARD EARNED CASH FROM ALL OF THOSE THOUSANDS OF HOURS OF PRESSURED FLYING and become a real part of this site.

MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS !

Edited by Butch
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1
  • Winner 1