How has COVID 19 affected your flying or intended flying

SSCBD

Simply beautiful flying weather today in Victoria. Classic Autumn - mild temps, clear skies, light winds.

Or, so if looked from the ground.

I did hear plenty of essential aircraft travel going over, maybe on thier way to Bunnings..

• Like 3

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yet, in the USA we find...

“...As the novel coronavirus sweeps across the United States, it appears to be infecting and killing black Americans at a disproportionately high rate...”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/04/07/coronavirus-is-infecting-killing-black-americans-an-alarmingly-high-rate-post-analysis-shows/?arc404=true

Have a look-see at a lighter skinned peoples that have high sunshine and yet cover themselves up all year. Google search “...vitamin D deficiency in Iran...”

Note the higher D deficiency rates in Iranian females - Bit hard to get them healthy rays when yer all covered up in a sack every time you leave the house..?

The Washington Post didn’t make it into the peer-reviewed scientific publishing world but I’d hazard a guess that any increased vulnerability is grounded in systemic disadvantage and poverty rather than any D3 absorption characteristics FFS.

• Like 1

The Washington Post didn’t make it into the peer-reviewed scientific publishing world but I’d hazard a guess that any increased vulnerability is grounded in systemic disadvantage and poverty rather than any D3 absorption characteristics FFS.

Kaz3g, I nearly missed your comment, you wrote it in the quote box..?

For starters, there’s more to the benefits of sunshine then just D3.

And on what do you base the claim of: “increased vulnerability is grounded in systemic disadvantage and poverty”..?....?

Sadly, the imbecile right wing propaganda machine is in full swing and on this thread.

They don't care who dies or how many nor those far greater numbers who will recover but with permanent damage. To them.......

Science is just fake news

Statistics and epidemiology are fake news

Anyone who disagrees has a secret agenda or part of the "deep state".

The rules only apply to others

Society is just a prop for the undeserving.

They are dangerous views in a time of crisis and endanger willingly the rest of us. They happily spruke snake oil solutions and blame anyone but themselves.

About time we stop putting up with this and call it for what it is. A concerted campaign to spread dangerous information in a medical crisis and deliberately harm efforts to contain it.

It is difficult to label accurately such behaviour other than sociopathic at best

Wow..?

Quiet the grab bag of claims...?

Where’s the evidence to back up the claims ?

I would use the term "culture " rather than "disadvantage". I reckon lots of street gang types must hate Obama because he showed them they could be president if they only did some work. I can imagine a black woman saying to a layabout teen... " you get off that black ass and do some study... you could be president ".

Mind you, a ticket to a culture where work was not expected from you would not be so bad... there are white families in Adelaide suburbs like this. Generations of unemployed, and kids in trouble at home for doing well at school. " Trying to show us up, you little sh#t"... pow

...I can imagine a black woman saying to a layabout teen... " you get off that black ass and do some study... you could be president ".

Candice Owens says as much. She’s only young though will be a future president..?

• Agree 1

Kaz3g, (...) And on what do you base the claim of: “increased vulnerability is grounded in systemic disadvantage and poverty”..?....?.

I agree with @kaz3g on this. FB do your own research. The US new deal was for whites only. Clinton instigated red-lining. White colonialist policy was and is implemented to concentrate wealth at the top through international trade at the expense of people living near the industrial centres. This isn't dogma, it is observation of agreed facts. I'm not going to justify these statements because they aren't mine. They are easy to find elsewhere. Who knows, perhaps in seeking them out and seeking to debunk them, other facts might also be found!

I agree with @kaz3g on this. FB do your own research. The US new deal was for whites only. Clinton instigated red-lining. White colonialist policy was and is implemented to concentrate wealth at the top through international trade at the expense of people living near the industrial centres. This isn't dogma, it is observation of agreed facts. I'm not going to justify these statements because they aren't mine. They are easy to find elsewhere. Who knows, perhaps in seeking them out and seeking to debunk them, other facts might also be found!

Umm...? And all that causes increased susceptibility to virus’s how...?

Ummm. Do your own research on the correlation between poverty, poor air quality and oh I dunno, having asthma at birth?

Looks like mnewbery is doing a runner..? ...and I were just bringing out my Weston Price book to get some references..?

...oh well. Let’s round it up.

Mnewbery, Way back when I first started commenting on the ChiCom virus I pointed out the air quality and general health issues of the Italian and other populations. A very definite factor. The darker skin references I’ve been utilising to back up the claims of the value of the sun and the seasonal virus effects.

https://www.amazon.com.au/Nutrition-Physical-Degeneration-Comparison-Primitive/dp/1849027706/ref=tmm_pap_title_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1586816338&sr=8-1

Wow..?

Quiet the grab bag of claims...?

Where’s the evidence to back up the claims ?

Would not want to muddy the waters, you seem to have difficulties understanding science,facts and humanity.

So just stand in front of the mirror and sing......

• Like 3

Kaz3g, I nearly missed your comment, you wrote it in the quote box..?

For starters, there’s more to the benefits of sunshine then just D3.

And on what do you base the claim of: “increased vulnerability is grounded in systemic disadvantage and poverty”..?....?

15 years of representing that cohort in the courts utilising a therapeutic jurisprudence approach based on extensive research here and across the world, authorship of multiple submissions to governments, and lived experience amongst other things.

• Like 3

Looks like mnewbery is doing a runner..? ...and I were just bringing out my Weston Price book to get some references..?

...oh well. Let’s round it up.

Mnewbery, Way back when I first started commenting on the ChiCom virus I pointed out the air quality and general health issues of the Italian and other populations. A very definite factor. The darker skin references I’ve been utilising to back up the claims of the value of the sun and the seasonal virus effects.

https://www.amazon.com.au/Nutrition-Physical-Degeneration-Comparison-Primitive/dp/1849027706/ref=tmm_pap_title_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1586816338&sr=8-1hi

You obviously want to be removed.

Your reference to Weston Price (a dentist who died not long after I was born) puts your research back in the time when they were still studying skulls to gauge intelligence.

being able to find and understand true scientific research requires something more than google and a closed mind.

• Like 2

You obviously want to be removed.

Your reference to Weston Price (a dentist who died not long after I was born) puts your research back in the time when they were still studying skulls to gauge intelligence.

being able to find and understand true scientific research requires something more than google and a closed mind.

Seems you don’t understand what Weston Price were about with his study of the ‘natives’ in Europe, England, the Eskimo’s, etc, etc,...

Kaz3g, if yer don’t understand the Weston Price study I very much doubt your ‘abilities’ to be the definitive ‘word’ on anything I have quoted in this forum..?

Being new here is this what rec flying is all about? I hope not or I won't last long here?

Generally it isn't all about politics, laws and current affairs but there is little flying going on right now & a lot of people including me are sitting at home with bugger all else to do. I've use the "Ignore" button twice now and haven't done that before in my 10 years as a member here. There is an off-topic section for this stuff but some of the more rabid posters won't go there, I suspect because they will more than meet their match.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Flightrite, on every forum you get the one regular poster who posts a lot of crap from a highly self-assured position, based on his extensive knowledge, gained from intellectuals of the first order - know-it-all shock jocks, such as Rush Limbaugh.

• Like 1

Agreed... unf, we have all taken the bait.. I won't put anyone on my ignore list as I like to hear what they have to say.. But I just won't respond to anything I think is futile to respond to. In the name of ettiquette though, we should be better and refrain from insults. But I can understand people are frustrated at many different levels..

When I was a kid, my older (and physcially stronger) brother would tease me all the time - incessantly and to breaking point. My mother would constantly tell me not to react and it will subside, but as a stubborn son of a gun who had to be heard and defend himself, it wasn't in my nature. One day it got particularly bad to the point I was ready to more than verbally bite back, when I realised he was aching for me to start something so he could finish it (I must have really pi$$ed him off for some reason). I just started letting all his taunts slide - ignoring them.. It wasn't two minutes before he gave up and literally decided to ride his bike. Served me well ever since.. Yep, sometimes things rile me, but I have learned to work out when it's important to react or just let it slide.

[Edit - the perceived futility of responding could be both in my perception of the other person's closed mindedness - or my own closed mindedness..]

• Like 2