How has COVID 19 affected your flying or intended flying

SSCBD

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Qld is at least consistent. Every time they get a new on line program it is a complete and utter stuff up. Health system fiasco went on for about a year.

Cost millions:-(

Don't come down here. We're FULL.. like as in 50 million Frenchmen can't be wrong. .Houses grow like mushrooms everywhere.. Nev

I don’t think you’ll have much to worry about there.

That is great to hear. Finally someone in authority is seeking a definite answer for us all. Hopefully whatever response is received, it will be for any and all the States. Too confusing to have different rules of what you can and can’t do depending on where you live.

Time for everyone to get their clubs to write to their local Members supporting this sensible approach to PM and Premiers.

kaz

Dunno where you get your information from. Fastest growth rate in Australia... Not what I want..Nev

I though your comment was about Queenslanders moving there. The only ones I know that like Victoria came from there originally.

I though your comment was about Queenslanders moving there. The only ones I know that like Victoria came from there originally.

What is it about Victorians and Queenslanders?

From the colour of their car number plates to who owns their breweries, they have long had a blind spot for NSW. Banana-benders who head south to the big city always seemed to skip the massive territory in between, to end up in Melbourne. Likewise, Victorians migrated north to the Sunshine state.

Is NSW that bad?

What is it about Victorians and Queenslanders?

From the colour of their car number plates to who owns their breweries, they have long had a blind spot for NSW. Banana-benders who head south to the big city always seemed to skip the massive territory in between, to end up in Melbourne. Likewise, Victorians migrated north to the Sunshine state.

Is NSW that bad?

I was posted to Orchard Hills for a few years, I didn't much like living there. I like rural NSW but I don't have much time for city/suburban life. I also lived in Logan for some years and while I didn't like it much it was definitely a big improvement on the western suburbs of Sydney.

I drove my ex-wife's stuff to Tasmania in a big trailer ,and I have to say that I didn't really start to feel at ease until I hit the plains of NSW. I like wide open spaces.

• Like 2

Yep, that anthem was written by a scientifically illiterate woman. I always preferred waltzing matilda, but the great majority couldn't cope with the lyrics, which I reckon were much better than the nonsense like " with golden soil... " applied to the poorest soil-wise country on earth.

AND we have a terrible bureaucracy. Gosh you could turn the country around by reforming that. Their one product is poverty.

• Like 1

I say this anti-bureaucratic thing as a South Australian. Here in South Australia, things are so bad that a Victorian company changed its mind about expanding into South Australia. At the time, our premier Weatherall defended the bureaucracy, in this case the roads lot.

Mind you, there are a couple of good things in the bleak outlook.. our absence of yearly vehicle inspections for one.

I say this anti-bureaucratic thing as a South Australian. Here in South Australia, things are so bad that a Victorian company changed its mind about expanding into South Australia. At the time, our premier Weatherall defended the bureaucracy, in this case the roads lot.

Mind you, there are a couple of good things in the bleak outlook.. our absence of yearly vehicle inspections for one.

I have a mate of mine who owns a mech repair shop on SA, he says it sure shows that SA don't have annual vehicle inspections!

There must have been somebody smart in SA who pointed out that there were better ways to spend the millions of dollars than to direct the same money to repair shops. Vehicle condition is a small factor in the whole road-safety thing, as the owners of the defective cars are only too well aware of their problems and drive accordingly.

The same money directed to roads saves more lives than the vehicle inspection business does. And I have been told of some very dodgy "faults" which cost the hapless owner dearly.

Mind you, every year, the SA govt has to fend off a well-financed "safety" campaign designed to extend this protection to all SA vehicle owners, at a cost of at least $1000 per year to each.

Road toll figures have consistently proven that regular mechanical inspections on an annual basis make little difference to the number of vehicle crashes and road fatalities and injuries.

There are far more important factors at play in road crashes, with driver inattention, tiredness, lack of competent driving skills (particularly at highway speeds) rating as far more prevalent factors in crashes.

W.A. does not have, and never has had, annual inspections and the W.A. road toll is no worse than the States with annual vehicle inspections.

I picked up a used truck from Geelong in 1995, to deliver to a client in Norseman. The truck had had an annual inspection and had passed, but it would not have passed any inspection on the road in W.A.

The roof panel was held on largely by duct tape and 'body bog", the headlights didn't work, some of the tyres were legally bald, and the amount of oil leaks would see it grounded in any State.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Road toll figures have consistently proven that regular mechanical inspections on an annual basis make little difference to the number of vehicle crashes and road fatalities and injuries.

There are far more important factors at play in road crashes, with driver inattention, tiredness, lack of competent driving skills (particularly at highway speeds) rating as far more prevalent factors in crashes.

W.A. does not have, and never has had, annual inspections and the W.A. road toll is no worse than the States with annual vehicle inspections.

I picked up a used truck from Geelong in 1995, to deliver to a client in Norseman. The truck had had an annual inspection and had passed, but it would not have passed any inspection on the road in W.A.

The roof panel was held on largely by duct tape and 'body bog", the headlights didn't work, some of the tyres were legally bald, and the amount of oil leaks would see it grounded in any State.

After that truck Vicroads rejigged the rules and the tester now has about 70 things to look at and report and must take a photo as evidence,

Cost is about $160.00 for the inspection and that only has to be done when you sell the vehicle.

Yes, vehicle condition is only responsible for a tiny percentage of fatal accidents.

• Agree 1

I drove my ex-wife's stuff to Tasmania in a big trailer ,and I have to say that I didn't really start to feel at ease until I hit the plains of NSW. I like wide open spaces.

We seem to need the environs we grew up in. My mother in law is from Great Plains USA and isn’t happy without a visible distant horizon. I grew up on farmland and I’m not happy in the city or suburbs. Currently 12th floor of the middle of Taiwan’s second largest city. Not happy! I have weekend escapes to mountains and lakes now. That helps maintain a modicum of sanity. No idea why my pics insist on sideways.

3C5B89CE-C064-4540-8833-067EB57F5D90.jpeg.890fd54ad10b6d42f159848db8f39646.jpeg

• Like 1