How has COVID 19 affected your flying or intended flying

SSCBD

For all the Queenslanders there has been an update today.....Finally some clarity.

Revocation

1. The Home Confinement, Movement and Gathering Public Health Direction given on 2 April 2020 is revoked effective from the time of publication of this direction.

PART 1 — DIRECTION – HOME CONFINEMENT, MOVEMENT AND GATHERING

1. This direction applies from the time of publication until the end of the declared public health emergency, unless it is revoked or replaced, except the permitted purpose in paragraph 6(d) applies from 12.01am on 2 May 2020.

Home Confinement requirements in Queensland

1. A person who resides in Queensland must not leave their principal place of residenceexcept for, and only to the extent reasonably necessary to accomplish, the following permitted purposes:

1. to obtain food or other essential goods or services;
    2. to obtain medical treatment or other health care services;
    3. to engage in physical exercise;
    4. for recreation within a 50km radius of the person’s principal place of residence;

Definitions

For the purposes of this Public Health Direction:

Recreation means an activity engaged in for pleasure or for mental health benefits, including:

1. motorcycle riding, jet skiing, boating and other forms of personalised transport;
  2. driving a motor vehicle, including for a learner driver to accumulate driving hours to comply with logbook requirements for the learner driver’s practical driving test, but the learner driver may only be supervised by a member of the learner driver’s household;
  3. shopping at a place permitted to remain open under the Non-essential business, activity and undertaking Closure Direction (No. 7) or its successor; and
  4. having a picnic in a park or public space that remains open under the Non-essential business, activity and undertaking Closure Direction (No. 7) or its successor.

https://www.health.qld.gov.au/system-governance/legislation/cho-public-health-directions-under-expanded-public-health-act-powers/home-confinement-movement-gathering-direction

• Like 4

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brisbane has had a FLY-PAST for ANZAC.

even if it was Forbidden.

BUT they're not getting fined !.

Billionaire Kerry Stokes and his wife Christine Simpson Stokes have made a surprise visit to Canberra to commemorate Anzac Day at the Australian War Memorial after the WA government granted them exemptions from hotel quarantine on medical grounds.

AND he's not getting a fine either, for leaving Western Australia.

spacesailor

There's no fine for leaving W.A. - but if you leave and try to come back in to the State, you must self-isolate for 14 days. I can't see even Kerry Stokes getting around that one.

He's already self isolated for 14 days after returning from the U.S. on April 8th. But he got an exemption from having to self-isolate in a hotel (on medical grounds), and self-isolated at his riverside mansion, instead.

I couldn't tell you, Spacey - but it wouldn't surprise me if he stayed on the East Coast for a considerable length of time. These corporate high-flyers rarely stay in their "home" for any length of time, they are always on the move, doing "deals".

Here are a couple of ER doctors saying exactly what I have been saying only better.

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/2-whisteblowing-cali-er-doctors-urge-open-society-now-because-lockdowns-are-weakening-our

UN warns of starvation of "Biblical" proportions cause by the global lock down. Trump curbs immigration as UN warns of food shortages

The lock down cheer squad have to own both side's of the ledger here if you lock down to save live's but it end's up killing million's more due to economic/food production destruction you have to own that to.

Covid 19 scare for the mathematical illiterate.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

UN warns of starvation of "Biblical" proportions cause by the global lock down. Trump curbs immigration as UN warns of food shortages

From the article

"The United Nations warned the coronavirus pandemic could trigger famine as the worldwide freeze on commerce sent shock waves through financial markets."

Fortunately for all of us food is not grown by the financial markets. About 1/3 of the very large USA corn crop goes to ethanol production each year, with low oil prices that could go for human consumption covering any short fall due to covid-19. A similar situation exists with canola and biodiesel in Europe.

Farming appears unaffected in the Lachlan valley at this time.

• Like 2

The world has the capacity to feed 50 billion people. The problem is, financial markets are angry that the lockdown is ruining their fat daily scheming profits. Money before people is their mantra, a principle espoused by the U.S. President.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

The alternative to what we did was to do nothing and let the virus go right through the population. No doubt a lot of old and other people in poor health would have died and they still may. The object was to reduce the spike in cases which would have seen our hospitals overstretched. There would have been people dieing in their homes and the back of ambulances. The undertakers would also be overwhelmed. Really a fun time for all involved, then after a few months the epidemic would have died out.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

The alternative to what we did was to do nothing and let the virus go right through the population. No doubt a lot of old and other people in poor health would have died and they still may. The object was to reduce the spike in cases which would have seen our hospitals overstretched. There would have been people dieing in their homes and the back of ambulances. The undertakers would also be overwhelmed. Really a fun time for all involved, then after a few months the epidemic would have died out.

No, that's just one alternative to what we did. There's all manner of middle ground that could have achieved varying results.

Just because someone says they aren't in favour of a complete lockdown doesn't mean they are in favour of no controls at all.

• Like 1

I still love the Alice Springs hills and trees and empty spaces. It's part of my dreaming and you don't have to be black to have a dreaming.

To this day, I don't understand why some people like cities and crowds. I look at a football crowd with horror, but nearly all the people there have chosen it.

Bruce, the biggest difference I've noticed over the years about that part of the Territory is the vast carpet of buffel grass that has taken off there. From the SA/NT border on up, it's everywhere. Rare to have dust storms now like they used to have because of the buffel.

• Informative 1

No, that's just one alternative to what we did. There's all manner of middle ground that could have achieved varying results.

Just because someone says they aren't in favour of a complete lockdown doesn't mean they are in favour of no controls at all.

Too true? Carpet bombing the whole country by our wonderful all caring Govt has had the desired effect, not in stemming the spread of the virus but stopping the spread of hope, prosperity and life!

• Like 1

Just because someone says they aren't in favour of a complete lockdown doesn't mean they are in favour of no controls at all

And just because someone is for the initial harsh measures does not mean that they are not also for a controlled easing. the fact is that the initial tough response has now given us more choices when it comes to normalizing things. Some thing that people tend to do is to directly compare the pre covid economy to the lockdown economy. The fact is that if there had been no lockdown the economy would still be struggling. If the restrictions were to be lifted tomorrow it would not be business as usual. If the restrictions were to be lifted tomorrow I would still not be frequenting crowded coffee shops or booking a holiday.

I suspect that the countries that have acted thoroughly and early will do better than those that have not.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

that the initial tough response

The initial response was slow and poorly targeted. If they had taken proper control of the border initially, none of us would have needed to stay home and many businesses would still be going and the CV19 induced debt would be much smaller.

Letting students paid by universities bypass the intended restrictions without quarantine was bad enough, letting anyone of the cruise ships without proper quarantine was criminal. Without those events most of our lives would be almost normal, but too late for that now.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

The initial response was slow and poorly targeted. If they had taken proper control of the border initially, none of us would have needed to stay home and many businesses would still be going and the CV19 induced debt would be much smaller.

Letting students paid by universities bypass the intended restrictions without quarantine was bad enough, letting anyone of the cruise ships without proper quarantine was criminal. Without those events most of our lives would be almost normal, but too late for that now.

Whilst not perfect the figures speak for themselves compared to other countries. It is quite easy in hindsight to say what should have been done but no country immediately closed its borders. Which countries response should we have copied?

The economy was always going to take a hit by the necessary shutdown of the tourism industry. I think that we will recover economically quicker than those countries who have not taken firm action. The next year or two will tell if this is correct.

• Agree 1

The world has the capacity to feed 50 billion people. The problem is, financial markets are angry that the lockdown is ruining their fat daily scheming profits. Money before people is their mantra, a principle espoused by the U.S. President.

50 Billion not even close. You should pay more attention to how and where your food is produced because you have zero idea.

The lock down is going to kill millions and it is impacting AG in Oz.

50 Billion not even close. You should pay more attention to how and where your food is produced because you have zero idea.

The lock down is going to kill millions and it is impacting AG in Oz.

How about you enlighten us then?

Willie, that darn buffel grass has caused bushfires around Alice Springs. Bushfires were unknown in my time.

AND maybe the world could feed 50 billion. This assumes a lot of best practise stuff where none has been seen before.That may be why are there some billions of hungry people right now.

We may be about to see covid-related famines in some sad places.

• Like 2

Which countries response should we have copied?

What would have been wrong with taking the initiative? I remember thinking this could turn to sh*t when they were allowing the students in. Now I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but how dull do you have to be to not realise you are virtually watching the horse bolt while you hold the gate open for it. When it got to that point I figured they must be just going to let it run it's course, but no, they decide that they aren't doing either. The borders don't even need to be completely closed, just proper quarantine on entry.

I agree that it's all hindsight now and I have no idea what would be the best course of action would be now that they have completely missed the best option. Only time will tell how good or bad it will all come back together.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

You should pay more attention to how and where your food is produced because you have zero idea

I have plenty of knowledge about farming. I was raised in a dairy-farming family, owned a 900Ha farm producing grains and sheep, sharefarmed another 1000Ha, and operated as an agricultural contractor in water harvesting, flood control, earthworks, clearing, and land development, for 30 years.

If you're the source of all knowledge on food production, let's hear about your knowledge and track record.

Australia's food production capacity is only limited by the amount of investment in it. Unfortunately, it's the Chinese who have seen the agricultural potential of Australia, and who have been investing huge amounts into it.

• Like 2
  • Winner 1