State Lockdown - who's watching the airports

The Ponzi scheme is easily proved and is illegal in Australia

I really would welcome some signs of an awakening of a political consciousness in you after all of the discussions you've taken part in here. I guess that 'hope springs eternal".

The statistics are fully public and undeniable that wealth has continued to concentrate in fewer hands and that the gap between better off and the poor is actually accelerating. This is what I and many others recognise as the great ponzi scheme. Please keep up.

• Agree 2

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really would welcome some signs of an awakening of a political consciousness in you after all of the discussions you've taken part in here. I guess that 'hope springs eternal".

The statistics are fully public and undeniable that wealth has continued to concentrate in fewer hands and that the gap between better off and the poor is actually accelerating. This is what I and many others recognise as the great ponzi scheme. Please keep up.

Well you and “many others” might have to have another look at the definition of a Ponzi scheme; it’s not complicated and not related to the present government nor the Coronavirus.

• Like 1

Interesting. I undertook an afternoon flight on Friday across the border to a private airstrip and return (no problem with social distancing as I knew no one was home at the remote strip). On touchdown back at home airfield there was a text on the phone from Telstra simply stating "Stay at Home". Coincidence? Perhaps big brother is watching??

• Like 2

Why would the Chief Medical Officer be considered Independent of the PM?

I have held for a long time that this person is probably acting for 'Big Pharma" and definitely NOT in our interests. The fact that TGA has, over the past few years, acted to firstly remove Pethadine from its legitimate place as a strong (and strictly by prescription) analgesic and secondly to severely limit access to codiene and that the Chief Medical Officer, Brendan Murphy, has supported this is damning evidence of a set-up. Codiene is a cheap, effective generic which has been supplanted by Oxycontin and Endone, both of which are patented and bring their producers huge profits.If in doubt about this then consider that I was casually offered 8 Oxycontin tabs, quite casually, by a dentist following a recernt tooth extraction. When you consider Oxycontin, Endone and codeine in overdose statistics, which is of greater potential to do harm?

• Informative 2

Telstra simply stating "Stay at Home".

Mate, this is the message that we all need to be guided by. Not a game. Sorry, not attacking you. The fact is that so many thoughtless people have demonstrated sheer arrogance in flocking to beaches or holding large parties that the authorities have called enough! We are probably just collateral damage

Edited by Methusala
  • Like 2

You should be safe; the word crunching computers that search for say Trump's words around the world total them by country, assess if there's any popularity slide etc would have picked up your repeated words, but checked the number of repeats and the grammatical train wreck and not reported them in the Australia figures.

“Grammatical train wreck...”

Oh well, to be expected - before they kicked me outa grade eight I was a straight F student...?

Anyway, back to the discussion of the pointless state lockdown...

Why would the Chief Medical Officer be considered Independent of the PM? Anyone appointed and capable of being sacked by the same person/authority will never be Independent to provide his own (assumed Medical) views. .IF you think this has all been done well you are easily pleased. It's politicised to the hilt.. Nev

I’d suggest you take a look at the status of the Chief Medical Officer of Australia and of Victoria and it shouldn’t be too hard the find where Health powers shift. For example when a State of Emergency is declared the CMOs get more powers and then when things get more serious the CMOs get more powers again. Nothing to do with being politicised.

All good Methusala. Perhaps my post came across as being a bit flippant, but I do in fact support strong measures to exercise social distancing, limit unnecessary interaction and discourage congregation of large groups. I have an elderly parent in care and I'd be extemely pi$$ed (to put it mildly) if negligence or stupidity resulted in the virus finding it's way into the facility where she resides. My previous post was intended to highlight that perhaps there are now starting to be further steps taken to monitor movements, even if there is no obvious additional policing/security at aerodromes. As discussed elsewhere, these are difficult times for everyone and recreational aviation will suffer collateral damage. No flying in any circumstance will lead to skills diminishing and a lack of currency and when the constraints on leaving home are eventually lifted, we can expect there will be a spike in incidents/accidents.

• Like 2

You've had a pretty good run with the pidgin English and "China" virus. Everyone but you seems to be able to use its correct name.

As much as this started in China it's looking more and more innocent as facts come to hand, and China has rush life saving supplies to may countries since.

When industry gets going again Australia will need urgent stock from our biggest trading partner...China, and the last thing we need to do is irritate our resident Diplomatic staff.

While I think your vision on much of this is seen with a narrow lens, I agree with what you said above. Trump uses that terminology but it is extremely unhelpful and we, in this country, need an ongoing workable relationship with China.

The measures in place in China appear to be working whereas the escalation is exponential in USA. I think China will emerge stronger and the US weaker...cause for thought.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

While I think your vision on much of this is seen with a narrow lens, I agree with what you said above. Trump uses that terminology but it is extremely unhelpful and we, in this country, need an ongoing workable relationship with China.

The measures in place in China appear to be working whereas the escalation is exponential in USA. I think China will emerge stronger and the US weaker...cause for thought.

Hmmm... all seems fairly convenient don’t it. Hong Kong riots and then China has a virus outbreak - and stops the WHO making much of it in the early days... Locks down the Woohan area... a young Chinese Doctor reports the seriousness to the world and supposedly dies from the virus?... many foreigners are told to leave China........

Let’s run a few scenario’s.....

The current Chinese government is the exact same government that has killed 10’s of millions of their own people in the past - why wouldn’t they do it again?

Why would they kill their own people to start the virus around the world???

What do they gain?

- Hong Kong locked down and controlled.

- Mainland political discontents conveniently suffer reported death by virus.

- Foreigners at factories expelled.

- Chinese people placed under even more control due to ‘the virus’.

- A world beholden to Chinese health related manufacturers that have conveniently lost the western oversight.

- A destitute world ripe for Chinese ‘investment’

- ?

The COVID19 has been well identified as a natural virus though that don’t mean it ‘jumped’ without a bit of help.

If the Chinese government had identified this virus some time ago they may very well have worked out a vaccine for it and given much of their population the vaccine as part of an annual flu shot that most wouldn’t have known what were in it.

Woohan is a dynamic part of China with many Chinese and foreigners travelling all round the world. Seems a good place to start a world pandemic whilst diverting attention from them-selves.

How would we check the possibility of this scenario.

Perhaps the Chinese US consular staff have been given the vaccine. A blood test would likely show.

Now, how would you do the blood test to check out the scenario.....?

If you’re prepared to donate your blood, we could run it through an encabulator to stratify and condense it. If that was injected into a Consular staff member he could probably tell if he’d been injected.

Here you go, FB - plenty of reading material for you, and even dedicated websites on the 'net, to boost your "research" into the Chinese conspiracy to take advantage of the weakened West ....

https://www.google.com/search?q=China+conspiracy+sites&oq=China+conspiracy+sites

Now, about those aliens in the Tunnels at the South Pole - did you read where they're planning a world takeover soon, too?

I have held for a long time that this person is probably acting for 'Big Pharma" and definitely NOT in our interests. The fact that TGA has, over the past few years, acted to firstly remove Pethadine from its legitimate place as a strong (and strictly by prescription) analgesic and secondly to severely limit access to codiene and that the Chief Medical Officer, Brendan Murphy, has supported this is damning evidence of a set-up. Codiene is a cheap, effective generic which has been supplanted by Oxycontin and Endone, both of which are patented and bring their producers huge profits.If in doubt about this then consider that I was casually offered 8 Oxycontin tabs, quite casually, by a dentist following a recernt tooth extraction. When you consider Oxycontin, Endone and codeine in overdose statistics, which is of greater potential to do harm?

sorry but you are factually wrong on most of your points there.

As a daily prescriber of pethidine, oxycodone and occasional codeine I can state (at the level of a court accepted legal expert) on the use and pharmacology of all and your statements don’t accord with fact.

too much complex pharmacology involved to explain here though I’d be happy to discuss it elsewhere.

• Like 2

Why would the Chief Medical Officer be considered Independent of the PM? Anyone appointed and capable of being sacked by the same person/authority will never be Independent to provide his own (assumed Medical) views. .IF you think this has all been done well you are easily pleased. It's politicised to the hilt.. Nev

Especially when they are the head pro team of the Health Dept.

I used to market codeine by tonnes in 1970’s for Glaxo, who manufactured it from the papaver somniferum (opium poppy sp) grown in Tas and refined in Port Fairy. Biggest purchaser back then was Abbott Labs. Codeine is a narcotic, a morphine analogue. It’s free availability from pharmacies In tablet form led to a huge abuse problem and it’s relegation to prescription only. Personally, it constipates me and I don’t use it or other narcotics if I can avoid them. Highly addictive and used far too often when paracetamol would do the job. You would be surprised at the number of ODs on codeine extracted from tablets by addicts.

OxyContin is a very effective analgesic but also highly addictive. Endone more so. Some Dentists, like some Doctors, unfortunately are known for their freely prescribing habits around these products, hypnotic-sedatives like benzodiazepines , and high-end antibiotics.

Try not to think of "the economy." It doesn't exist any more.

The current Australian plan is to go into hybernation for six months or more, with complex financial plans for each State and Territory so everyone has a roof over their head, food, medical support from the Federal and State governments, and with employer companies in mothballs, and ready to start business, returning their employees to work at the end of the pandemic. When that's rolling they'll look at what money is left, and that's their starting budget plus what they can borrow.

The PM announced this morning that Treasury have been meeting for three days for a third package which fits into Federal and State laws.

Also, a few people had become confused with the National Cabinet thinking Labor should be involved; the PM announced two packages this morning, $74 million for Mental Health support, where people having difficulty coping, or being bashed etc can reach out for support, and around $266 million for a TeleHealth package.

When the press asked him if Parliament would have to sit to approve this, he sad no, the Labor Party had already approved it, so Labor supporters can be comfortable that while their leaders haven't been trying to flood the airwaves they have been right their doing their vital job to keep the activities acceptable to the Australian people, and the action which has been going on behind the scenes is staggering.

TeleHealth is a programme allowing remote access to Doctors, it has to fit in with things like transmission, technology, software, rules, clinical processes, the bulk billing system, GP equipment, and an endless stream of other things and was expected to take about ten years to delivered.

All the peak bodies associated with this, extending to all parts of Australia, as far as remote indigenous settlements, and within all State and Territory Jurisdictions, financing, and all those other things will be delivered tomorrow - ten days from the time they started. An absolutely stunning performance for which it looks like we'll be thanking hundreds of people who made that possible.

Hi Turbs

I’m not confused about the national “cabinet” nor the composition of a true war cabinet. The current extraordinary circumstances gave the PM the chance to show that he could truly ensure decisions Were made, and perceived to be made, for all Australians and partisan politics got in the way. He failed this test just as he failed to act decisively 5 months ago when he was first warned by the CSIRO about the consequences of denying the urgency represented by Covid-19. It’s less than 4 weeks ago he was off to the footy and it’s a lot less since he held off imposing necessary restrictions on gatherings until the Hillsong convention was over. I guess there won’t be any franking credits this year and perhaps people might even begrudgingly give a little credit to the then Labor Government for its management of the GFC...he is now following their footprints after all.

Oh...Albo has never impressed me either just so you know...I’m a bit of a political cynic and make my call on policies and presentation, not blind allegiance.

Priorities, Turbs...priorities and intelligent decision making.

• Like 4

sorry but you are factually wrong on most of your points there.

As a daily prescriber of pethidine, oxycodone and occasional codeine I can state (at the level of a court accepted legal expert) on the use and pharmacology of all and your statements don’t accord with fact.

too much complex pharmacology involved to explain here though I’d be happy to discuss it elsewhere.

Sorry Jabba, I know benzos are better classified as antianxiolytics but then I’d have to explain and it’s more than 40 years since I worked as a chemist in the industry.

Are you suggesting that our Chief Medical Officer, the person we’re relying on to save us is a Big Pharma criminal?

Certainly not I..and it seems to me Methusala was expressing an opinion, not making a statement of fact. It’s about perceptions Turbs.

Edited by kaz3g
  • Agree 1

Certainly not I..and it seems to me Methusala was expressing an opinion, not making a statement of fact. It’s about perceptions Turbs.

"expressing an opinion?" "perception?"

That's not going to cut it.

Apalling slurs are being cast against the people going their hardest to save lives.

It's a matter of being free to make judgements on what is presented by our politicians. We need to hold a discussion on the strength (or weakness) of their case. Using language such as "apalling slurs" and "people who are going their hardest" is not helpful. There is no golden rule stating that those holding the reins of power are above reproach. Remember that the Morrison govt has serious questions to answer as to the probity and even, according to constitutional experts, the legality of their actions prior to and even following the prorogation of the last parliament.

As to the acceptability of codeine in the pharmacopeia available. this is a question of "balance". My strong opinion is that, 'on balance' the need to have a strong analgesic available for people (such as the huge numbers of women suffering from endometriosis) outways the argument that some ilicit users of drugs may access their hit. Figures are published on deaths by drug overdose and I am sure that codeine represents a small fraction of these. If one has knowledge gained through working in this area then, don't be afraid, put it up.

For the record, I am appalled that parliament has been suspended for 5 months. In exceptional times it is imperative that decisions made "in the national iterest" be subjected to scrutiny in full gaze of "we the people" and I condemn the Labor Party for not objecting ferociously to this travesty.

Edited by Methusala