State Lockdown - who's watching the airports

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SplitS said ...

No, I'm not changing my mind or "going over to the dark side". Sweden has 10M population and currently has 10,483 confirmed virus cases with 899 deaths.

Australia, with 25M population, has 6,313 confirmed virus cases with 61 deaths. I know which countrys virus transmission countermeasures are more effective.

How did they get those confirmed cases figures ?...?

For an interesting 10 minute background to laboratory work etc do a youtube search for: “How Dr. Wolfgang Wodarg sees the current Corona pandemic”

A novel virus has an initial effect until there is herd immunity and then things settle down to the usual effects of the 100+ different annual virus’s that cause deaths.

One really major thing that some cain’t seem to grasp is Australia has just come out of summer and the Northern hemisphere has just come out of winter.

Look at the records of past flu and virus seasons all round the world and you will note the high virus case load spike at the end of winter.

You can-not honestly directly compare a Northern hemisphere country to a Southern Hemisphere country unless you are comparing end of winter to end of winter.

..........?

You just never stop harping on with the Rush Limbaugh rubbish about, "it's just the 'flu". COVID-19 is not "just the 'flu", it is a virus never seen before, with erratic viral behaviour, faster transmission between victims, far greater lifespan on many inorganic surfaces, and no vaccine. If you're happy to contract it, let us know, I'm sure we'll be able to find someone who has it, who will give it to you, just for the experience.

• Like 2

Queeensland.. Beautiful one day. Persecuted the next. Nev

Anna and Dan have a lot in common.

Write Victa 18" on both sides and he would have been OK. if he showed a catalogue to the cops. Nev

Better still just paint "AIRFORCE or ARMY" on the side and give it an A number, just make sure you're wearing a green flight suit. Oh' and call yourself something silly on the radio like "Cumshotzerotwo".

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Whilst I believe it's a good idea to keep some rules in place such as no more than a couple keeping the approved distance. Schools stay closed, public events can remain banned all that's due to a numbers game, more numbers more risk BUT not to be able to fly taking off and landing at the same drome in your own plane is just crazy same as the fishing, can't go fishing on your own in your own boat out in the middle of the bay, again just crazy! A rethink using common sense (difficult by our Govt) needs to be looked at!

• Like 5

Binghi...They know very little about this virus yet. It may end up being like Aids. This Herd immunity is a myth yet to be tested and the risks are high. The ruddy thing has only been in humans about 4 months. "Let her rip" is the height of irresponsibility. Risk yourself if you wish and have your own planet or island, but don't involve others who have not given their approval and want more FACTS. Nev

• Like 2

Binghi...They know very little about this virus yet. It may end up being like Aids. This Herd immunity is a myth yet to be tested and the risks are high. The ruddy thing has only been in humans about 4 months. "Let her rip" is the height of irresponsibility. Risk yourself if you wish and have your own planet or island, but don't involve others who have not given their approval and want more FACTS. Nev

Heh, well yer lucky then because I’m just one poster on an ultralight forum - I don’t think the Prime Minister is listening. Although, the feedback I’m getting from some here yer’d think I were the one deciding government policy...?

I’m a bit mystified by the hatred coming out of some posters. I woulda thought a forum is for discussion of differing views, even extreme views. And even test a few scenarios and see if they fly... sometimes the buffeting breaks the theory up in flight, ...sometimes yer get a moon shot...?

Speaking of moon shots...

“...Four coronaviruses commonly infect humans: OC43 and 229E (discovered in the 1990s) and HKU1 and NL63 (discovered a decade ago). These are part of a group of 200 odd (and distinct) viruses that cause the “common cold” for which, as we all know, there is no vaccine.

In addition, two other coronaviruses can infect us: SARS and MERS. For these, as well, there is no vaccine despite scientists working on it for years. Instead, we know that “Early efforts to develop a SARS vaccine in animal trials were plagued by a phenomenon known as vaccine-induced enhancement, in which recipients exhibit worse symptoms after being injected”. Basically, a bad vaccine can kill far more of us than the virus itself.

Jane Halton, who chairs the Bill Gates-backed Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovation “has warned that there is no guarantee of success”. Australian National University academic Peter Collignon has confirmed to me that: “I don’t think we can assume with any certainty we will get a safe and effective vaccine for all. We haven’t for a number of other infections eg HIV, Hep C, Dengue, RSV despite trying very hard”.

Thus, virtually everyone who knows about coronaviruses knows that a vaccine is a moonshot...”

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/blogs/seeing-the-invisible/india-has-only-one-choice-anders-tegnells-swedish-approach/

Jonna Mizett from Univeristy of California Davis School of veterinary medicine has taught and lead over 6800 people to find and predict novel corona viruses. She recently said:

[in the last ten years, in 35 countries] we worked to find potentially dangerous pathogens. We found over 160 novel corona viruses when only a handful were known (...) We can work to know, to predict and to protect. In this way we can change our own risky behaviours and get ourselves out of harm's way
I expect that these viruses will spillover every 18 months to two years unless a lot of things change

I expect that these viruses will spillover every 18 months to two years unless a lot of things change

If the theory is correct that the Chinese communist party ‘released’ the current natural virus then no doubt they will do it again..?

Seems to be a lot of aircraft flying past my area without transponders on...Helicopter just now as I type .

Bernie .

A lot of GA aircraft and helicopters only have mode C transponders, they do not show on fr24. IFR types all have to have mode S with adsb they are visible to you.

India is asking many questions about just how the virus came to be..?

A reporter asks some questions...

If the so-called Wet Markets were the source, then why has China reopened the markets?

The reporter also asks should we expect a COVID-20, a COVID-21...?

more so do they have a vaccine or chemical destroyer of this sh@tful thing. They were spraying what? every where and are now operating again. I know life is disposable over there but how is this so.

more so do they have a vaccine or chemical destroyer of this sh@tful thing. They were spraying what? every where and are now operating again. I know life is disposable over there but how is this so.

Probably alcohol based. Alcohol kills the bacteria on surfaces.

• Agree 1

Don

Dont hold your breath for a vaccine, the virus genetics will probably have changed by the time it’s released.

Then, millions of shots need to be made and distributed. Best thing is.....stay isolated and don’t catch it....

Bacteria have nothing to do with SARS-Cov2 which is a virus. Some things may kill one or the other. The virus has a fatty membrane and soap destroys this but won't kill some bacteria. Alcohol kills both but not as effectively as soap on the virus.

• Agree 1