Where to buy? Radiator coolant Hose with 180 degree turn - Rotax 912ULS

ozzietriker

Can anyone suggest where can I get this hose from? it has an internal diameter of 25mm and joins the oil cooler to radiator on a Rotax 912ULS engine. This is a non-Rotax part.

I've tried the OEM and Samco Sport but there is a 5 week wait for freight from UK.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_6288.thumb.JPG.ce75e11423b4b4dfd1d7481ebd2b50c8.JPG

Big thank you Onetrack - this is awesome!

would you also happen to know where I can get this ribbed style radiator hose? (same 25mm Internal Diameter)

Thanks,

Andrew

IMG_6293.thumb.jpg.ab5c0203dfe15d784711d7e666cb5126.jpg

• Like 1

Ozzietriker, 25mm coolant hose is a rare size and often only found in heater hose applications. However, I'd suggest Parker brand, "SILICONE GREEK CORRUGATED HIGH TEMPERATURE WIRE REINFORCED COOLANT HOSE, SERIES 6621" will do the job for you.

This is a high quality, reinforced, high strength, high temperature hose used in industrial cooling applications, and it contains wire reinforcement.

The problem would be trying to find a stockist who is prepared to sell you less than a full coil length. Parker will be able to advise a suitable stockist you can purchase from.

https://ph.parker.com/au/en/silicone-high-temperature-corrugated-coolant-heater-hose-series-6621

• Like 1

Wow! that's one interesting coolant hose lay out - care to send a few more photos showing the whole system.

I am wondering why you need to use such heavy duty cooling hoses - weight & cost must be significant.

I do not agree with Onetracks statement " 25mm coolant hose is a rare size" check out the Gates radiator hose catalogue https://www.gatesaustralia.com.au/~/media/files/gates-au/automotive/catalogues/hose-application-catalogue-aus-nz-january-2018.pdf

I think you will find a wide range of sizes and profiles

In my application, I use conventional automotive hoses obtained through my local Repco. Would need to check my records but I think mine are Holden Gemini hoses, probably made by Gates. The hoses come with a bend that suita my application but still need to be trimmed and joined to fit.

• Like 1

Forgot to mention Repco is the retailed agent for Gates products - good idea to make friends with your local Repco dealership. I found my hoses because my Repco trusted me to take away catalogues. to peruse.

• Like 1

Ozzietriker, 25mm coolant hose is a rare size and often only found in heater hose applications. However, I'd suggest Parker brand, "SILICONE GREEK CORRUGATED HIGH TEMPERATURE WIRE REINFORCED COOLANT HOSE, SERIES 6621" will do the job for you.

This is a high quality, reinforced, high strength, high temperature hose used in industrial cooling applications, and it contains wire reinforcement.

The problem would be trying to find a stockist who is prepared to sell you less than a full coil length. Parker will be able to advise a suitable stockist you can purchase from.

https://ph.parker.com/au/en/silicone-high-temperature-corrugated-coolant-heater-hose-series-6621

Thanks Onetrack for the information & much appreciated!

Wow! that's one interesting coolant hose lay out - care to send a few more photos showing the whole system.

I am wondering why you need to use such heavy duty cooling hoses - weight & cost must be significant.

I do not agree with Onetracks statement " 25mm coolant hose is a rare size" check out the Gates radiator hose catalogue https://www.gatesaustralia.com.au/~/media/files/gates-au/automotive/catalogues/hose-application-catalogue-aus-nz-january-2018.pdf

I think you will find a wide range of sizes and profiles

In my application, I use conventional automotive hoses obtained through my local Repco. Would need to check my records but I think mine are Holden Gemini hoses, probably made by Gates. The hoses come with a bend that suita my application but still need to be trimmed and joined to fit.

Thanks Skippydiesel for the information & much appreciated!

I will be at my machine tomorrow and will take some pics of my cooling system hoses for you.

Cheers