Skydiving - Great Barrier Reef, Australia (Archive from 1994)

fpico

Hi folks,

Straight from the archives... Tandem Skydive on Great Keppel Island, Queensland (Australia) back in 1994. The video footage is from a VHS tape. Unfortunately quality lost during copies. Way before GoPro cameras. Anyway, enjoy the video. Date: 1994

Enjoy the video !!

Frank.

https://www.youtube.com/FrankPico

• Like 2

fpico there was Ozzie 16mm footage in the '70s of a naked 4 way rotating in front of the cameraman. Let us just say that parts of the male anatomy do very strange things when hung out in 120mph of wind. It was enormously popular and then it vanished: the suspicion was that some foreign skydivers ran off with it after a big meet.

There was also footage of jumpers lurking on the tail of a DC3 by climbing up the rear door hinges, shimmying along the root of the tailfin and dropping down onto the stabiliser. That vanished once Civil Aviation got a whiff of it.............

As for the ultimate in externally stacking an aircraft, take a look from 3:38 here at what could be done with a Twin Beech:

• Like 1

I was MAD to fly them but they were Madder than me. The blokes appeared more concerned than the femmes. (perhaps they didn't assess the risks as much) It was always the blokes who would put a wet finger in the breeze and say "I think the wind is getting up a bit". Nev

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...