E-Props ...who has first hand experience with these

eightyknots

• 5 weeks later...

Is there any calendar TBO ? I believe DUC imposes a 5 year and/or 2000 hr TBO, hence my question.

Also interested in any direct comparisons between DUC Swirl 3 and the equivalent e-prop, all other things being equal, if one exists.

3 hours ago, Carbon Canary said:

Is there any calendar TBO ? I believe DUC imposes a 5 year and/or 2000 hr TBO, hence my question.

Also interested in any direct comparisons between DUC Swirl 3 and the equivalent e-prop, all other things being equal, if one exists.

Some DUC’s were 800 hours and like Mark said Eprops were 2,000 and now 4,000.

No its not...he tested it to how he wanted to...NOT to how the props are designed to be run

His testing was done as if you have a IFA or constant speed. These props are ground ajustable and designed to run a max rpm on a gearbox driven engine

If you set them up as per factory instructions you will get a substantial improvement in performance...more than 50 customers I have sent props to with maybe 15 or more different style of aircraft cant all be idiots..they know what performs better than what they had. I have not had one customer that did not get substantial performance increase

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Kyle Communications said:

Что ты имеешь в виду? какие параметры?

How many hours does the oldest propeller have today?

The most impressive prop I've experienced is a Kiev prop on a HKS V twin of about 700 cc. It easily powered a Normal  Skyranger two up. That's a while ago and equal or better may be around now but it was good. The motor ran a bit hot but I can't blame the prop for that. Nev

1 hour ago, Kyle Communications said:

No its not...he tested it to how he wanted to...NOT to how the props are designed to be run

His testing was done as if you have a IFA or constant speed. These props are ground ajustable and designed to run a max rpm on a gearbox driven engine

If you set them up as per factory instructions you will get a substantial improvement in performance...more than 50 customers I have sent props to with maybe 15 or more different style of aircraft cant all be idiots..they know what performs better than what they had. I have not had one customer that did not get substantial performance increase

Are you a distributor for e-Props?  

19 minutes ago, Kyle Communications said:

I just had a answer back from Eprop on the time for their props..there is no time constraint only the 4000 hours due to the way they are made and the special material they use

Thank you for the follow-up.

if there is a like for like performance comparison against a DUC Swirl 3,

anywhere, I’d be interested in reading it. I will need to make a prop decision in about 6 months.Standard figment is a DUC.

All I can tell you is that there have been a few DUC props replaced by the Eprop here and everyone of the guys says the eprop is much better..quieter, more performance, super smooth also the engine starts and stops easier because the prop is so light. I have not had one person return a prop. Eprop give a 6 month return on the prop..If you use it and you dont find its a improvement and a better prop than what you like they will give you your money back....someone who stands behind their product

https://aircraft.e-props.fr/satisfied.php

Just some small feedback...977 of them

https://aircraft.e-props.fr/feedback.php

• Informative 1