Two survive RAAus registered plane crash in Gippsland 13/06/2020

Report on tonight's news that a light plane with a 19- registration has crashed in Gippsland with two survivors, although one is in a critical but stable condition. The video showed the plane nose down and vertical amongst large trees. Looked like a RV from what I could see.

• Informative 1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don’t think a 19 rego can be a RV and a two seater

Don't the RV-12's fit in?

(update) Looks like a Zenith.

Gippsland_crash.thumb.png.8146812f5f0caa181dd821c6c56631a1.png

Edited by pylon500
  • Like 2

Wow, those pair are both lucky to be still alive. I hate to think what it's going to cost to get the wreckage out of there, and I doubt whether that plane will ever fly again.

1552986305_Zenith601HD.thumb.jpg.cbd0c0271dc6f2a713123ef23e0eb517.jpg

Perhaps he was in control and aiming to land in that clear country but didn’t quite make it. The plane is relatively intact. If it were out of control it could have been in a million pieces. I’m calling well done.

• Like 7
  • Agree 1

We don't know what happened. If there was smoke in the cabin, he may have had vision problems as well as breathing difficulties. That's one of the worst scenarios, that would stop you from carrying out a lot of tasks effectively.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

We don't know what happened. If there was smoke in the cabin, he may have had vision problems as well as breathing difficulties. That's one of the worst scenarios, that would stop you from carrying out a lot of tasks effectively.

There's a small tree plantation to the right of the Airfield sign, and a boundary plantation running N-S to the left of it, otherwise he's gine inj a long way out.

WDYarram.thumb.JPG.889505fb1aaddaecc736935fe7b1c0fe.JPG

No one knows how one will react in a pressure situation, smoke in the cockpit or from the engine may have well had him direct tracking back to the big safe strip of dirt with tunnel vision and not aware of his surroundings or what he was going to be flying over to get there.

Everyone handle pressure differently.

End of the day it is what it is, they are both alive at this stage and that is all that matters.

I fly in and out of Yarram often, plenty of open spaces also around the area but we do not know his situation at the time.

Speedy recovery pilot and pax.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1