Nav lights - LED

Measuring chlorine in the pool is done by either ORP or FAC...ORP is a waste of time..believe me I spent 12 months trying to get something I was happy with but its not worth persuing. FAC is more accurate but FAC probes and sensor heads are very expensive. The dosing is easy the measuring is the issue. It takes about 2 hrs for whatever you dose into the pool to travel across the pool. If you use a chlorinator you will always be generating chlorine in the pool when its running and if you size it correctly its not a drama

Geoff if you want or need anymore info PM me

This is way too much drift...my fault though Sorry Danny

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to have a small injection molding machine..then with my CNC could make the molds for the covers. It maybe in the wind soon though as the guy that molds my boxes for the CDI units looks like he maybe pulling the pin..then I can grab the little machine he uses and my mold..so you never know whats in the fututre but LED aircraft lights would be another product on a ever growing list :)

That's it Mark, I'm waiting for your product! You could blow some aerodynamic covers and voila, a wig-wag/landing light kit.

The other alternative of course is to mount in the leading edge. I'm seriously considering that as it'd only have to be a thin bit of polycarb riveted in and your curve is automatic. Plus you get the lights further apart out in the tip. In fact if you had a second LED set on the actual tip attached to the same controller, you've got visibility from the side as well. (I may be going overboard here).

I think that for making a single or even a few stone lights an injection machine wouldn't be needed. A CNC or 3D printer ( both use slice code) would be able to make a plaster mould that could be used to make drape or vacuum molds for the cover. The bigger problem would be getting the LED pattern to cover the usually required light coverage. According to the design requirements the light has to cover over 180 degrees from the wings. If my research is correct the LED's have a beam angle of around 20 degrees. Hence an array of around 20 may be required, I am not sure of vertical design requirements. A CNC machine or 3D printer couldd be required for this, if I was using my machine skills would definitely be required. Not sure of wigwag requirements, I didn't know what they were until I saw them mentioned here, but I assume that their Perspex could be molded similarly.

WigWag is alyernate turning on and off so it is easier to see..often just done 500ms on and off but alternate between left and right timing. A vacumm mold is another way to do but but it also has its drawbacks..its fine for thin perspex or acrylic but anything with thickness tends to be very problematic

• Like 1