mystery formation flight over south brisbane earlier this week

I forgot to post this earlier but I saw a helicopter and a light aircraft (maybe an RV or something similar) flying in formation a few days ago. I first noticed them roughly over Yeronga and heading roughly south. What would that be about?

Perhaps nothing at all.

I was out and about one time in a 172 with my dad and heard the Channel Seven Squirrel helicopter transiting where we were. I called him up and he came over and pulled up right alongside, with the reporter in the back waving at us. After a minute or two he pushed over and made the jump to hyperspace. No way I could stay with him. Dad thought it was so great.

Didn't look like a celebratory flight as such. Was a smallish helicopter and something like an RV. They were in formation for all the time I watched them. I've never seen this happen before so was curious if anyone here was involved

Tv commercila shooting or an episode of Great Outdoors or something similar. Plenty of reasons to do it. It's not difficult to fly a heli in form with a FW.

• Like 1

Tv commercila shooting or an episode of Great Outdoors or something similar. Plenty of reasons to do it. It's not difficult to fly a heli in form with a FW.

Ah that's a good reason! I bet that's it. Filming. I'm not saying it was difficult. Just that in my limited experience of looking up into the skies I had never noticed something like that. Around that area there are lots of helicopters coming in to princess Alexandria and mater hospitals. So I see that a lot.