2020 raus elections

Bruce Tuncks

Hi Turbs, can you please summarise those things which haven't been done or direct us to the post?

WX00147 is a copy of the Sport Aviation Self-Administration Handbook 2010

In it you will find CASA's honey coated words, nevertheless clearly pointing out that we are responsible for our own actions.

Note the reference to a benchmark, Australian Standard 3806 - 2006 we could rely on to help us bring our members into Compliance.

Note the requirement for an SMS (a) in the last para Page 11 - note the words. and (b) Safety Culture, Implementation Page 19 - note elements.

Enforcements P16 - note who must ensure compliance.

Words like RAAOS are to.....same meaning as must.

The items RAA didn't comply with are spelled out in a series of posts on this site around June 2013 - 3 years later.

I'll just concentrate on the main item, and SMS here.

When several RAA people including a Board Member who knew the implications of not putting an SMS in place tried to introduce one, they were beaten up by a horde of RAA protestors who just wanted freedom, and had no idea they were risking their houses, and both the person, who worked in the Mining Industry and knew what was needed and why and how to write one, and the Board member left this site.

Eventually, in the RAA Inc days a tiny SMS was introduced. RAA Ltd members who know what an SMS should look like might be interested to see what's in place now, along with the other requirements the Handbook introduced, which very clearly we should have been complying with from 2010.

WX00147.pdf

WX00147.pdf

WX00146.pdf

• Agree 1

Me neither, lost about 6 months of subscriptions I paid for when they stopped it also

You should get a credit for the subscriptions paid in advance. When my membership was due I told them when I was paid up to & they took the credit off my annual fee. You have to ask, they don't do this automatically.

Just announced Michael Linke is leaving RAA at the end of the year and taking up another role elsewhere.

"he has accepted a new position in a national organisation". I wonder where he is going to.

Well, we can all only hope he will give the RAA a ‘fair shake’ if his new position allows. Give the guy a go and see what happens. I hope it works out as best it can. I await the future.......

I doubt it, Is think people like he are professional CEOs and this role was merely a stepping stone.

Maybe he's going to the AAA (Australian Airports Association) or Avdata.

He sold out the membership, so they owe him a favour.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It is the first edition, there are no member contributions or letters to the editor etc yet, there are 100 pages and it comes with your annual fee so I think it is a pretty good effort. I also like the satin finish rather than glossy.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

It is the first edition, there are no member contributions or letters to the editor etc yet, there are 100 pages and it comes with your annual fee so I think it is a pretty good effort. I also like the satin finish rather than glossy.

I read you ONLY get the first issue FREE. The rest you have to pay for ! Nothing yet in QLD.

If you read Michael Monks Chairmans report you will note the change. Sportpilot is supplied free to all RA-Aus members and there are 3 editions a year. It used to be free to all members and there were 12 issues a year but the cost was unsustainable so it became subscription only with the on line version free to members. It was heavily discounted to attract subscribers but only ever got to about 1800 & was still hemorrhaging money & stopped with the tragic death of the editor Mark Smith.

• Like 1

The new magazine shows that RAAus is following the same path as the GFA. The massive input of sleek and expensive and high-performance aircraft serves to demoralize the people who can't afford such things. They ( the non-rich )may well react by finding something else to do with their time and money.

To some extent this is going to happen anyway, but as an association, we should try and delay this by making a fuss over the older and cheaper planes.

I do have some sympathy to the magazine editors , the sleek new expensive stuff sure looks good. As does the magazine... but as always I reckon we need more nuts n bolts maintenance stuff.

• Like 5