Crash landing of Sea Fury WG 655/ G-INVN

• 3 weeks later...

Takes a bit of a thump to do that much damage. I don't think the motor is an original, They had the Bristol sleeve valve engines and a totally different and very distinctive sound. Bit sad all the same and hope the occupants recover OK.. Nev

"Badly damaged" is an understatement...

Nothing a good buffing shouldn’t fix?

it is a shame this one is broken like this. when you look at what some of the restoration projects start out like, there is hope for it.

Nothing a good buffing shouldn’t fix?

it is a shame this one is broken like this. when you look at what some of the restoration projects start out like, there is hope for it.

It appears that the major damage at the cockpit was done to rescue the occupants; sad for the aircraft, but very necessary for human life.

Takes a bit of a thump to do that much damage. I don't think the motor is an original, They had the Bristol sleeve valve engines and a totally different and very distinctive sound. Bit sad all the same and hope the occupants recover OK.. Nev

I think the aircraft in England are originally powered, the yanks put twin row Wrights in them

"Badly damaged" is an understatement...

An old friend of mine (Now deceased sadly ) would have said. .. we can fix that. . .no probs.. . .we have enough bits and bolts. . .

Pity that those who must crash don't do so in a historically valuable aircraft. What's wrong with an old Cessna?

They way I see it, really really rich people buy these planes, restore them, maintain them, keep them flying, display them, and thereby pump in cubic megadollars keeping aviation skills and facilities running. Anyone who wants to might be able to help. The alternative would be for the government to take over, spend millions on storing the aircraft and do nothing. The current system is keeps the planes flying. If they break them, they will pour more cubic megadollars into skills and facilities and fix them. It's all good and everyone wins.

• Agree 2