Jabaru oiling

Hi Blokes. Afta cuming back from an unpaid 9 monthe holiday thanks to our gubbament I weant to start my jabaru and it was sqeeking wen I turned it ova, i got a mate to hav a look and he sed to tak out the spark plugs and put sum oil in the plug hole this fixed the sqeek. Wen it started it blew a shite load a smok. Tok it for a fly and landed and funkn oil every wear, brether hose cum off. My mate sed the moter was bugered an need new rings so he rebilt the mota for me. He sed next time I leave it for long time to run it on sum 2 strok fuel before shuting down.

I put a hose on the vacum pipe on the carbby and sqirt chain oil from erosol can, blows heeps of smoke then shut down mota.

Wil this be ok too oil up the mota if I go away agan or is chain oil bad. thanks

I tried to copy the Camit idea of having an oiler for shutdown time. camit made their engines with small tubes drilled into the intake port on the heads, I thought getting oil sucked into the vacuum air port on the carb might work.

Castrol 2T oil was used and it did go in with the engine running - and in flight when turned on - but no smoke observed and after standing for a while the oil just ran back out the tubing.

So the answer probably is, plain oil just wont get drawn all the way up the intake runners.

it might work if some oil was added down the carb vent tube that comes from the airbox area - at shutdown, so it would mix with the float fuel first, i havent tried it that way, but should be better than just adding some 2T oil to the fuel tanks as we only want the oil in the engine at the end of the flight.

oh the potato suggestion isnt that far off the mark, I push a rag into the tailpipe when putting the plane away to reduce moisture travelling thu the open cylinders while being parked up. leave the intake open because that area is not self clearing on startup!