W&B and CoG Jabiru 170D/230D

RFguy

there is still plenty of fixed HF infrastructure that mostly supports the remote 4WD types. and of course there is my ham radio  on HF.

As for an antenna on the Jab. dunno yet. will have to see what I can do with the Teleflex cables in the structure., or a loop antenna using the undercarriage and wing struts as part of the structure ... have to do some creative thinking there...  

Ever seen those RC guys who "hover " their 3m size models with the rudder just missing the ground? They have the C of G way back, like 100% of chord, to do this.

They sure are unstable like this...  the rudder and elevator are moving fast and with big movements. 

11 hours ago, Bruce Tuncks said:

Ever seen those RC guys who "hover " their 3m size models with the rudder just missing the ground? They have the C of G way back, like 100% of chord, to do this.

They sure are unstable like this...  the rudder and elevator are moving fast and with big movements. 

They have gyros fitted, and the power to weight ratio is a gazillion times that of the real thing. I can hang a Yak 54 with gyro stationary sometimes, then rotate, then descent still on the prop, with the emphasis on sometings

On 06/10/2020 at 7:56 PM, RFguy said:

there is still plenty of fixed HF infrastructure that mostly supports the remote 4WD types. and of course there is my ham radio  on HF.

As for an antenna on the Jab. dunno yet. will have to see what I can do with the Teleflex cables in the structure., or a loop antenna using the undercarriage and wing struts as part of the structure ... have to do some creative thinking there...  

Trailing half wave end fed antenna.......