Lubricant for fitting shock rings?

Any ideas please on the most suitable lubricant to help fit bungee rings. I'm replacing mine again, and want to make them slide easier around the mounts as they are stretched - no easy task as each ring has a test load of 1160 lbs (527 Kg) and they are doubled up around the mounting pegs. Current thinking is tyre bead mounting paste, but am not sure about its long-term effects on the rubber strands and cotton covering of the rings.

Any ideas please on the most suitable lubricant to help fit bungee rings. I'm replacing mine again, and want to make them slide easier around the mounts as they are stretched - no easy task as each ring has a test load of 1160 lbs (527 Kg) and they are doubled up around the mounting pegs. Current thinking is tyre bead mounting paste, but am not sure about its long-term effects on the rubber strands and cotton covering of the rings.

Used talc when fitting shock cord bungees to the Skyfox main undercarriage.

Thanks for your suggestions, all much appreciated.

I have a tube of Inox MX6 Foodgrade EP grease which seems ideal. Its fully synthetic, contains Teflon and is recommended for use on rubber. It will only need a smear on the aluminium pegs to allow the shock cord to slide around them as it stretches. Once in place there is no significant further relative movement.