Minimax dropped in unexpectedly.

I don't really like posting on crashes but this one happened right on the farm where my Jab is parked. Pilot suffered life changing injuries. We had to move it quite quickly as the cows had chewed on the fabric. Most of the elevator covering was stripped of by the cows. This was the second crash in 2 weeks of microlight category type aircraft in my area. The other being a Rans S6 that spun in after EFATO. On that occasion the pilot perished in the post crash fire.

The Minimax wreck is currently sitting in a trailer on the farm. With deregulated aircraft like the Minimax the authorities did not want to know anything about it....

You can spot my aircraft at harp.mixer.upon on what3words. The useable strip is just on 300mtrs. I have taken off at mauw but it's not a pleasant experience if the temperature is above 32C and no wind.

Minimax.thumb.jpg.dc4190ad506dbb43ac6950f0c2975b3e.jpg

• Informative 3

Ooooh! That one definitely went, SPLAT! I'll wager there was a lot of cracks in many wooden parts!

No no damage at all to air-frame,undercarriage absorbed all impact. i had an engine failure at 300 ft and that little track was the only place to go . Managed to get her down and on roll out hit that ditch that you can see just above the wing line only damage was undercarriage tubes and one prop blade nearly got away with it,, if ditch was not there would have been fine...she is repaired and flying again now.

367285882_MYBABY.thumb.jpg.4cfe3fa54d9df518133d281c3e8f319a.jpg

• Like 4