Survey for Pilots [academic research into Human Factors]

AAC905

Good Morning,

I am posting to invite pilots who are interested in furthering the current research and focus on Human Factors to take part in a survey. Pilots of any category (Military, GA, Civil, Recreational, Student, Commercial) and any flight hours are invited to take part in this short (10-15min) survey looking into Emotional Intelligence and Decision Making in high-consequence situations. If there is interest, I would be happy to post a results document after the research has concluded.

Link to Survey: https://rmit.au1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eKCI7qGo6yJDuDP

I am happy to chat about this research in the comments, I would be really thankful if anyone could take part, or share with their networks. Hopefully this research helps in CRM, and the focus on HF.

Before I commit......who are you, who do you represent, and why do you want to know from us?

Ken

My name is Ayden, however it is my friend who is conducting the study. She is currently completing her thesis (honours) at RMIT. The study is being conducted by RMIT and UNSW together. I have posted here in this thread to hopefully help her get more participants - due to COVID, and some hold ups as everyone is working from home, she is running out of time to be able to survey, analyse and write her thesis to get it marked on time. This research has ethics approval and has a data management plan regarding anonymity.

Publicly, the paper will only be sent to academic journals after she completes her thesis (to hopefully be published in an academic journal). Hopefully my friend will get clearance to send a different iteration of the survey to some organisations in order to get more respondents, but until then there is only clearance for shared online posting (hence me trying to help out by posting here). I am happy to chat more about this, answer any questions I can and ask her if I do not know the answer. Sorry if my post seemed vague or sinister, not my intention at all!

Well, that was a waste of time. It basically questions your professionalism and asks you if you want to die or not... Anyone that has passed grade 7 or done more than a TIF will hate these questions.

• Informative 1