J230D Jabiru WANTED

Wanted J230D.

23- or 24- or VH.

experimental class -OK.

- nil accidents that required fuselage repair.

- dead or alive engine - engine condition doesn't matter too much.

within 750nm of Canberra (non RPT accessable)

within 1250nm of Canberra ( RPT accessable)

time to start looking, since this will take some time.

-Glen.

Edited by RFguy

yeah, one sold, one 19-, one a bit more than I want to spend....

The 19- is Ray's, has 914F3 motor in it. and Ray knows what he's doing. but 402kg empty, (I think it was a J430 before).... more than I want. most 230s tend to be 380-390kg. nothing like the 370 book number.

A couple in queensland were around for 60k ish, they went fast. if they're well priced, you have to be local....

To me 370 is still heavy. ..... much more suited to VH rego.....

Especially when other RAA planes are closer to and even under 300 empty.....

Best get some figures on paper about your proposed weights, passengers and gear versus fuel and range......

370 is not really heavy, but it is top end, certainly. ....calcs- yeah done all that. J230 has significant" reserve" capacity at 600kg of course, with its J430 linage (760kg).

Most I understand get loaded to 625-650kg in real service (VH of course...)

The J230 on planesales is fairly well kitted out. probably represents about a $135k new aircraft. but its not new... 120k for a new aircraft (minus transponder, strobes etc) .

The kit, if you have a spare 600 hours burning a hole in your schedule, means that compared to a kit aircraft, Jab build a factory one for you for about $40-$50/hour I think I worked it out as...

There was a J430 VH reg with a Camit engine on Planesales but it has been removed. Must have been sold. It is at South Grafton. Still there as of today.

Yeah I called up about it a couple of weeks ago, he had alot of interest. was a good one

they come and go..... but well priced ones- you got to be local ish

I almost need a plane to buy (go look ) at a plane.

I'm also considering a used J120C, as a starter. soemthing to do my first couple of hundred hours in... or a J170C... end game for what I want to do with it in the coming years is the 230. depends if I can get one for the right money.

So, with J120s, they've been growing in weight- bigger tails, better paint, heavy undercarriage, improved wheels, IE a better aeroplane ! but they up around 300kg now. Which doesn't leave much with the 500kg MTOW-

The stall speed of the J120 of 45 kts (dirty, ICAO std atm) - right on the limit for the type. so there is NO room for even 10-20 kg over weight as stall speed will increase beyond type limit .

Compared to J170C/D 40 kts dirty at MTOW, J230D 42 kts.... there is some latitude there for "errors in calculating takeoff weight": we will call it.....