Cessna Ignition Keys

Country Flyer

I’m trying to find somewhere that cuts Cessna Ignition keys. I have been to all our local locksmiths and contacted Hawker Pacific in Sydney (Cessna authorised dealer)...but not really able to assist.... pointed me to a locksmith in Bankstown.(still waiting to see if he can help). All I’m after is the blanks so our local guy can cut them.

My next port of call will be the USA and see if they have blanks..... so if anyone can help with finding blanks etc... could you please let me know

Thankyou in anticipation.

Update:   There are no SILCA (The name of the blank for the Cessna) in Australia (Info from suplier) ... so I got in contact with the Bankstown guys and they are selling me 6 x blanks ($18 plus postage delivered to our our Locksmiths in Albury) and then I will get the locksmith to cut them.   I did try the "real locksmiths" and most of them just went  "mmmmm whats this for?  mmmm nope cant help you " after checking their stock of blanks.

So I have a solution to the problem ...never thought it would be this difficult and even surpried that the Australian Distributor - Cessna doesnt hold any.

when they arrive Ill get the lockmith to see if their is a standard type key that would do the job.... and will provide you fedback

HUGE thanks to Craig at Bankstown Locksmiths for his help... great work😄

• Like 3

I had a spare cut for 182F from local key and shoe man, being older it may have been a more common blank, not much good though as security, a local opened it for me in about 30 seconds with a lock pick one day when I left key at home, hence spares now in bag. 

Nice looking 182 in your pic Country Flyer.

Cheers

Clinton

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ClintonB said:

I had a spare cut for 182F from local key and shoe man, being older it may have been a more common blank, not much good though as security, a local opened it for me in about 30 seconds with a lock pick one day when I left key at home, hence spares now in bag. 

Nice looking 182 in your pic Country Flyer.

Cheers

Clinton

Thanks Clinton.... its been interesting to try and find any key blank to fit it... none available on anyones hooks in the shops... but hopefull the blanks will be in downtown Albury by the end of the week

KGB Locksmiths of Coopers Plains(next door suburb to Archerfield Airport) here in Brisbane did multiple copies of our Piper's plane key 13 years ago on blanks stamped ILCO, Made in USA, N54G. The original key that it was copied from is stamped TCM. As I presume this stands for Teledyne Continental Motors, the same key blank should work for your Cessna? Cessna and Piper ignitions have always looked identical. KGB has been supplying key copies for the planes at Archerfield Airport for many years now. I first heard about them from the flying school I was learning to fly with in 1994.

Edited by Possum1
Update
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Possum1 said:

KGB Locksmiths of Coopers Plains(next door suburb to Archerfield Airport) here in Brisbane did multiple copies of our Piper's plane key 13 years ago on blanks stamped ILCO, Made in USA, N54G. The original key that it was copied from is stamped TCM. As I presume this stands for Teledyne Continental Motors, the same key blank should work for your Cessna? Cessna and Piper ignitions have always looked identical. KGB has been supplying key copies for the planes at Archerfield Airport for many years now. I first heard about them from the flying school I was learning to fly with in 1994.

Thanks Possum1.... The keys are on their way from Sydney.  If they fail or some reason are incorrect I'll contact KGB  thanks again for the tip

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/09/2020 at 12:53 PM, Ironpot said:

Your local locksmith will be able to do it for sure - not the shoe repairer.

The door, cargo door and ignition will be suited - " ACS Universal Aeroplane"

If you are still struggling, PM me.

haha seems funny, it's obvious that a locksmith can be able to do it for sure.

• 2 years later...