Site Update Comments

Admin

Ian, if I click on "What's New", I get dozens of videos that you've obviously migrated across - but they fail to disappear from the read list, even if I look at them.

How can I just get current forum threads/discussions to appear with the "What's New" button. I have gone into the sub-menus for activity stream and changed "Content" to eliminate videos from the content, but they continue to appear each time I click "What's New".

Edited by onetrack

8 hours ago, onetrack said:

Ian, if I click on "What's New", I get dozens of videos that you've obviously migrated across - but they fail to disappear from the read list, even if I look at them.

How can I just get current forum threads/discussions to appear with the "What's New" button. I have gone into the sub-menus for activity stream and changed "Content" to eliminate videos from the content, but they continue to appear each time I click "What's New".

I also seem to have experienced that and I am not sure what has caused it. I will continue to look into it however you can click the "Mark site read" link at the top right corner under the header which will mark everything read and start with a clean slate

• Informative 1

O.K. I've done that. It cleared the "What's New" list - until I closed down the site, and then returned an hour or so later - whereupon all the videos and trips/events you migrated across, showed up again, as unread. Maybe it's something in the programming that changed, when the popup sub-menus change was carried out?

I've also found, that even though I select the sections I want to appear under "Content Types", and apply changes - then close down the webpage and return later, I find that the "Content Types" has returned to the default of "All Content".

Edited by onetrack

Hi, I have enhanced the Editors box with some extra features that I hope you may find useful:

1.jpg

From the left we now have:

Font - different fonts

Size - font sizes

A - text colour

A - text background colour

B - bold

I - italics

U - underline

S - strike through

"Chain Link" - add or remove a text link

" - quote some text

<> - used when adding any computer language code

"Smiley Face" - available emoji to use in posts

•  - bullet point
  1.  - numbered list

"Left Align" - align text to the left (default)

"Centre Align" - centre align text

"Right Align" - right align text

"Justify" - justify text

"Increase Indent" - indent the text

"Decrease Indent" - reduce the text indent

"Scissors" - cut content

"Copy" - copy content

"Paste" paste content

GIF - select or search for animated gif to insert

"Table" - insert a table...add a table and with the curser in the table press Ctrl and right click the mouse for more options

"Page" - split the post into pages...this will add a page

"Eye" - insert a spoiler into your post

"Left Image" - left align an image with text flowing around the image

"Right Image" - right align an image with text flowing around the image

"Map" - insert a Google Map for a location

"Left Arrow" - undo

"Right Arrow" - redo

Tx - remove formatting from selected text

"Magnifying Glass" - preview your post

Hope the above helps you to create some amazing posts

The first installment of John Brandon's Flying Tutorials titled "Getting Started" have been uploaded to the new Tutorials Section of the site. Overall John's tutorials contain:

1. Getting Started
  2. Aviation meteorology
  3. Flight theory
  4. Flight planning & navigation
  5. VHF Radio communications
  6. Decreasing exposure to aerodynamic risk
  7. Coping with emergencies
  8. Airmanship and Safety
  9. Builders guide to safe aircraft materials
  10. Airmanship and safety: other online reading
  11. Powered recreational aviation legislation, CASA advisories and the enabling exemption orders.
  12. Airservices Australia's online information services
  13. Civil Aviation Safety Authority handbooks, guides and videos
  14. Australian Bureau of Meteorology weather services
  15. Technical handbooks
  16. Pilot handbooks

I will progressively work my way through them all uploading each one for everyone to use as a reference and refresher to help keep everyone flying safer and more informed.

• Like 2

I have spent the last couple of days getting the Resources, Tutorials and Aircraft sections all looking, in my opinion, absolutely incredible...these sections are looking cosmetically really appealing, easy to use and ready for an abundance of great material all making the site a comprehensive "resource" for all aviators.

The Resources section has at this stage a full online working copy of an E6B and a comprehensive weather tool full of links to all the pertinent weather information you need

The Tutorials section has had some great "How To Read" tutorials added covering NOTAMs, ARFOR, SIGNET, METAR and TAF

The Aircraft section has had some extensive cosmetic changes to make this comprehensive resource a gold mine to use...a HUGE thanks from all of us must go to @red750 for tirelessly getting the Aircrat section populated and going for everyone.

PLEASE, and as always, let me know what other Tutorials, Resources, Tools and Calculators etc that you would like to see added to these sections for you

• Like 2

We have now completed uploading the entire Section 2: Aviation meteorology of John Brandon's Flying Tutorials in the Tutorial section of the site...hope they help

• Like 1

i have added "CASA Aircraft Register Search" to the Resources: Tools and Calculators section so you can quickly serach for any VH registered aircraft. I will be updating the page soon to also include NZ, US, UK register searches...hope you find it useful.

There are many many more calculators and tools that I will be progressively adding to the Resources section that I hope you will find helpful...if you know of any that you may need then please let me know so I can prioritise them for you.

Recreational flying (.com) just keeps on getting better :thumb up: so please, let everyone know about this great resource

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Not sure if you have noticed but thought I would let you know that although you can "Like" a post including an opening post of a thread, but you can also rate a thread overall. At the top right of a thread there is a star rating system that you can use to rate a thread subject out of 5...just click on of the stars that you feel appropriate to rate the thread.

Did you know by doing this helps us to know what types of thread topics interest you

• Informative 1

Weekly competitions are here...each week some lucky site user will win a product from the Clear Prop Pilot Supplies Shop. You can see what the competition for the week is and how you can win by looking in the Competition Block displayed in some of the side columns on the site.

Good luck and let's bring some fun to this great resource

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Recreational Flying Classifieds are back and they are FREE for you to list anything that you have for sale. Do you have an aircraft you wish to sell or some aircraft parts, pilot equipment or anything in aviation that you no longer need, well convert it to cash through the Classifieds System here on Recreational Flying, IT'S FREE TO LIST YOUR ITEM, or you can select the Featured option for only $10 which goes towards the cost of running the site.

• Like 2