Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Trump has started zero wars he has inherited war's which he is trying to withdraw from.

 

Here is his response to Iran shooting down a US drone.

 

Trump tweeted: “We were cocked & loaded to retaliate last night on 3 different sights when I asked, ‘How many will die?’ ‘150 people, sir’, was the answer from a General. 10 minutes before the strike I stopped it, not … proportionate to shooting down an unmanned drone.

 

The real question is why do people think this is not a rational response.

Unlike previous administrations.....

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This topic has been locked, thank you for your contributions on the subject...this is an aviation site so to discuss politics etc please feel free to engage is discussion on the Off Topic site Social

“I don't care who does the electing, as long as I get to do the nominating” William M Tweed You needn't look any further than that to find out why such duds as Trump become our political “leaders”.

Whatever he has lost it isn't credibility. He is right but there are too many idiots who are rusted on and think the Donald can do no wrong after 20,000 lies.

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, SplitS said:

Trump has started zero wars he has inherited war's which he is trying to withdraw from.

 Which wars did Obama start rather than inherit?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The US military make the final decisions & advise the President of the day what to do and or say. Whether Trump has started any wars is irrelevant to the fact that he is a malignant narcissist who cares only for himself, his own image and being re-elected. He deflects and blames everyone else for everything he has failed in and the 21,000 lies or mistruths have been growing at an ever increasing rate as his desperation becomes more acute. If Biden wins he will be tied up in lawsuits for years and his business empire is crumbling with massive debt with over $440 million due within the next 2 years out of a total exceeding $1 billion. As the craziness intensifies many of his support base who for the most part have been rusted on are distancing themselves from it all.

  • Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SplitS said:

 

 

Here is his response to Iran shooting down a US drone.

 

Trump tweeted: “We were cocked & loaded to retaliate last night on 3 different sights when I asked, ‘How many will die?’ ‘150 people, sir’, was the answer from a General. 10 minutes before the strike I stopped it, not … proportionate to shooting down an unmanned drone.

 

The real question is why do people think this is not a rational response.

 

 

That's not the real real question

 

Nobody would seriously deny that that would be a rational (even honourable) response.

 

The real question is "Why do people swallow the tweets of pollies or the simple narratives of PR flacks (and other propagandists) as the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?"

 

Anyone interested in a more complicated telling of that event could start with this New York Times article.

 

Trump Says He Was ‘Cocked and Loaded’

to Strike Iran, but Pulled Back

 

June 21, 2019

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/21/us/politics/trump-iran-attack.html

 

A couple of excerpts:

 

"But a senior Trump administration official said there was concern inside the United States government about whether the drone, or another American surveillance aircraft, or even the P-8A manned aircraft flown by a military aircrew, actually did violate Iranian airspace at some point. The official said the doubt was one of the reasons Mr. Trump called off the strike."

 

"Thursday’s on-again, off-again episode was another chaotic moment on the world stage for a president whose credibility with allies is already strained from two and a half years of delivering bellicose threats, sometimes without following through. But a person familiar with Mr. Trump’s thinking said that the president, for one, was pleased with Thursday night’s events because he liked the “command” of approving the strike, but also the decisiveness of calling it off."

 

 

(Not to suggest the NYT, or any other source, is always reliable and free of bias. But, at least, their professional journalists put their names to their work and care about their reputation for precision and honesty.)

Edited by Garfly
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump has shot himself in the foot and sealed his fate with his nomination of the strongly Conservative Roman Catholic, anti-abortion judge, Amy Coney Barrett.

 

The women of America don't want to see the reversal of current abortion laws, to a Fundamentalist Christian approach - as Barrett is sure to do. 

 

The women are marching against Trump and Barrett and their Fundamentalist views on abortion, and this will galvanise a lot of other women, who might be currently fence-sitting.

 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-18/womens-march-organisers-urge-women-to-vote-out-donald-trump/12779516

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, onetrack said:

... the Chinese have blatantly stolen every Western technological patent, idea, or product, refusing to recognise patents and registered designs and trademarks...

Very true OT, but the Chinese might say that, in the broad sweep of history, this is justified. Many of the inventions and technologies that allowed the West to rapidly advance were stolen or borrowed from China.

17 hours ago, onetrack said:

As to Trumps claims for major economic success... any steps the U.S. President takes to encourage economic directions or benefits, usually don't appear for a considerable period after his decisions are made (up to a couple of years) due to the lags in implementation, manufacturing lags, and slow and conservative decision-making, in corporate boardrooms.

Quite true; politicians like to take the credit for progress due to their predecessors.

17 hours ago, onetrack said:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing that really troubles me is how most of the Republican party have become a Trump cult. They support him in great numbers IN SPITE of the Republican party having no policies or vision for the country for Trump's next term in office. The official RNC policy for this election is something like “To enthusiastically support 100% of what President Trump wants to do.”
How to explain people voting for that, other than being part of a cult of personality?

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, cscotthendry said:

The thing that really troubles me is how most of the Republican party have become a Trump cult...

The party of Abraham Lincoln has totally lost its moral compass.

Hopefully the voter will punish their breathtaking hypocracy and pursuit of power at any cost.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem is that over many decades Republicans have sought to skew the process to ensure they retain power with the Electoral College system with Republican winners like Trump, Bush and Nixon becoming Presidents without receiving a majority of the popular vote. Even Hilary Clinton who was not well liked by many got nearly 3 million more votes than Trump and lost.

 

Now of course Trump & Republican controlled states are desperately trying to make voting and voter registration more difficult and spreading baseless misinformation of the legitimacy of mail in voting.

Edited by kgwilson
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's not forget, the video presented in the OP was put together by the Lincoln Project - a bunch of republocans opposed to the election of the republican nominated presidential candidate.. I am not sure anything like this has happened in the history of US politics (I am not sure it hasn't either, but not in my lifetime).

Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard today that if Trump loses to Biden, he will stand again in 2024.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, red750 said:

I heard today that if Trump loses to Biden, he will stand again in 2024.

More proof of his lack of connection with reality.

 

If (and I really hope this happens!) he gets thrashed in the polls, as a one-term president, even the stupidest of Republicans would not endorse his nomination in the future.  That would be like the Democrats putting up Hilary again.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Old Koreelah said:

...Many of the inventions and technologies that allowed the West to rapidly advance were stolen or borrowed from China...

 

 

Why then, if china invented certain things, were it the West that advanced with these ‘Chinese’ technologies ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/10/2020 at 7:38 AM, cscotthendry said:

"Living is easy with eyes closed,"

"Misunderstanding all you see..."

 

Apologies to Lennon and McCartney.

Re-read my post about WHY "no evidence" has been uncovered ... yet.

 

So, I’ll take that as after 4 or 5 years of intense investigation by the US media and the Democrats that there is no actual evidence..🙂

 

 

 

 

.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Flying Binghi said:

 

So, I’ll take that as after 4 or 5 years of intense investigation by the US media and the Democrats that there is no actual evidence..🙂

 

 

 

 

.

 

One could mount the same argument regarding allegations against others for example Clinton and Biden's son. 

 

A sitting president cannot be prosecuted under federal law but after his presidency is a different matter. There are also many pending lawsuits regarding his past business activities as well as from financial dealings with his own family.  https://www.justsecurity.org/72565/all-the-presidents-lawsuits-fraud-defamation-and-the-westfall-act-jean-carroll-mary-trump/

 

It is notable that every other presidential candidate releases their tax records. It should ring alarm bells that he alone will not

 

Edited by octave
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Flying Binghi said:

 

Why then, if china invented certain things, were it the West that advanced with these ‘Chinese’ technologies ? 

Whole books have been written on this subject, but my understanding is that China was technologically and economically far ahead of Europe until the 16th century, when many Chinese innovations were adopted in the west, leading to revolutions in the arts, science, then industry.

When the king of England possessed half a dozen books (that he probably couldn’t read) in Beijing and other great cities, a thriving intelligentsia had 600 novels in print. 

 

As the west advanced, China entered a period of stagnation (not unlike what seems to be happening in Europe today). The ensuing political chaos allowed aggressive European nations like Britain to forcibly set up trading enclaves in China- a humiliation the Chinese will not easily forget.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/10/2020 at 8:41 PM, Flying Binghi said:

Meanwhile, the son of Biden has been doing some cocaine and a little well paid wheeling and dealing under the auspicious of the seal of the then Vice President and it has all come out now... except, apparently facebook and twitter dont want yer to know about it...

How's that Breitbart evidence working out:

 

"US spies say the Hunter Biden email controversy shows how 'exploitable' and 'grotesquely vulnerable' Trump and Giuliani are to Russian intelligence."

 

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/spies-hunter-biden-emails-trump-giuliani-vulnerable-russian-intelligence-2020-10?r=US&IR=T

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, octave said:

 

One could mount the same argument regarding allegations against others for example Clinton and Biden's son. 

 

A sitting president cannot be prosecuted under federal law but after his presidency is a different matter. There are also many pending lawsuits regarding his past business activities as well as from financial dealings with his own family.  https://www.justsecurity.org/72565/all-the-presidents-lawsuits-fraud-defamation-and-the-westfall-act-jean-carroll-mary-trump/

 

It is notable that every other presidential candidate releases their tax records. It should ring alarm bells that he alone will not

 

 

Hmmm... octave, in the link you provided, what exactly is Trump accused of ?

 

I had a perusal of the JustSecurity site. Apparently, there is a big conspiracy going down...

 

The intrusions of white supremacist militias into cities to intimidate and attack protestors from the Black Lives Matter (BLM) movement highlights the possibility of rural insurgency. 

 

https://www.justsecurity.org/72681/is-the-united-states-heading-for-a-rural-insurgency/

 

 

 

 

.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Old Koreelah said:

Whole books have been written on this subject, but my understanding is that China was technologically and economically far ahead of Europe until the 16th century, when many Chinese innovations were adopted in the west, leading to revolutions in the arts, science, then industry.

When the king of England possessed half a dozen books (that he probably couldn’t read) in Beijing and other great cities, a thriving intelligentsia had 600 novels in print. 

 

As the west advanced, China entered a period of stagnation (not unlike what seems to be happening in Europe today). The ensuing political chaos allowed aggressive European nations like Britain to forcibly set up trading enclaves in China- a humiliation the Chinese will not easily forget.

 

Yeah, me granny had a Fine China dinner set.

 

I think what is overlooked here is that the ‘china’ of today is not the china of century’s past. The current ‘entity’ that is called china has only existed for 70 odd years. When the European trading posts were set up the area were a mess of little kingdoms and feuding war-lords roughly interpreted by the then western observers as a country called china. For an example, take note that the peoples of the repressed Hong Kong area speak a different language to the peoples around Beijing. 

 

I wonder what the Uyghurs would say about the Europeans coming in and forcibly setting up business in ‘their’ country ?  To late. Them mandarin speakers have beat them to it.....

 

 

 

 

.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Garfly said:

How's that Breitbart evidence working out:

 

"US spies say the Hunter Biden email controversy shows how 'exploitable' and 'grotesquely vulnerable' Trump and Giuliani are to Russian intelligence."

 

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/spies-hunter-biden-emails-trump-giuliani-vulnerable-russian-intelligence-2020-10?r=US&IR=T

 

Looks like the evidence is growing...

 

“...former Hunter Biden business partner Bevan Cooney provided 26,000 emails to him—the first of which were published late last week in a Breitbart News exclusive investigation by Schweizer and author Seamus Bruner. Cooney is currently serving a sentence in federal prison due to his conviction over financial deals he made connected to Hunter Biden and his other partner Devon Archer. Archer, who was also convicted by a jury in federal court,.....”

 

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/10/18/exclusive-peter-schweizer-hunter-bidens-flipped-business-partner-provided-26000-emails/

 

There is this though...

 

“...FBI investigators seized the laptop in December of last year as part of an ongoing investigation into foreign election interference. It remains unclear if the laptop, and its corresponding content, is authentic...”

 

https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election/2020/10/18/joe-biden-walks-questioned-fbi-seizing-sons-laptop/

 

 

🙂

Edited by Flying Binghi
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Flying Binghi said:

 

Hmmm... octave, in the link you provided, what exactly is Trump accused of ?

 

If you want a succinct list https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_lawsuits_involving_Donald_Trump  Now I know you are going to say Wikipedia is in accurate but you can actually follow up the references for more authoritative sources.   

 

I have no idea how sound these law suits are and in fact this list includes cases where he is the plaintiff.

 

But you are missing my point. I have no idea whether he is squeaky clean or not, those law suits will play out in the fullness of time,   You put the proposition that 

6 hours ago, Flying Binghi said:

So, I’ll take that as after 4 or 5 years of intense investigation by the US media and the Democrats that there is no actual evidence..🙂

 

 My main point was the allegations against Hillary Clinton  have also been around for 4 or 5 years with no  actual evidence.   Wasn't Trump going to lock her up?  

 

Just getting back to Sully vs Trump it is interesting to compare both of these peoples characters.  Sully has class and humility and Trump....

  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Flying Binghi said:

There is this though...

 

“...FBI investigators seized the laptop in December of last year as part of an ongoing investigation into foreign election interference. It remains unclear if the laptop, and its corresponding content, is authentic...”

Firstly, it is unclear whether the lapotop and/or content is authentic.. You'll get a good treatment on this on the ABC's Fireside Chat, last week.. But, the shop owner is a dedicated Trump supporter, why would Hunter Biden drop a laptop off for repair at an unknown shop for repair when he lives on the other side of the country? Why was it not encrypted? Why would he not pick it up again if it had a lot of sensitive data (cost of the laptop is not important)? Why does the shop owner contradict both his original timelines and that esposued by I think Giuliani? Yet, the shop, in Delaware, is only a short drive from New York...

 

There were other things on the Fireside Chat that called it into question.. yes, people are that dumb... but at this stage, let's wait and see what the investigation shows, because even without the commentary provided, it was already suspicious.

 

Yes, Eric was a coke head, yes, he may have used the family name for his personal business gain, and yes, he may have even offered to get meetings with Joe Biden to wrangle some influence/deals - but unless Joe Biden was complicit and involved, Joe Biden should not be vicariously tarred with the Hunter Biden brush. They are different people.

 

For what it's worth, I think both candidates are short of the mark required to be president. The people of America do not have much to choose from.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Flying Binghi said:

Looks like the evidence is growing...

Okay ... so that's what you mean by evidence. Well that's all right then,

But I do recommend trying to kick that Breitbart habit, it could send you blind, as it's done to millions. (As Betty Bowers can well attest:    😉

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

And, as if Betty needed any further convincing:

262813188_NYTNYP.thumb.png.bdcb8d7da9718ff8b1c54c684f387a9c.png

 

"Bruce Golding, a reporter at the Rupert Murdoch-owned tabloid since 2007, did not allow his byline to be used because he had concerns over the article’s credibility, the two Post employees said, speaking on the condition of anonymity out of fear of retaliation."

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/18/business/media/new-york-post-hunter-biden.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

 

Joe Scarborough gets exercised on the issue in this clip starting around 05:30

 

 

Edited by Garfly
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...