PPL exam study books - anyone got some to sell?

Hi

I have RA-Aus RPC and am doing a PPL.

Being a tight a@$e I borrowed some theory books from a mate to pass the RPC exams but gave them back to him afterwards.

I'm thinking I should buy some books this time around and am hoping someone in the forum may have some books (like Bob Tait's for example) they would be willing to sell.

Any takers?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Cheers

Barry

Will look for the links when i get home. But if you go to the FAA website (the us one) there are some awesome free books on there. Good POF and Met (but everything turns the wrong way), human factors etc.  all free to download.  

• Agree 1

Here is the link to the FAA Manuals.. Note, there are different publications that cover different parts of the theory requirement. Note that weather and Nav will be northen hemisphere based.and of course, charts and any procedures/air law will be USA based. https://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/handbooks_manuals/aviation/

A quick check of ebay (aus) has some Trevor Thom manuals for sale...

Edited by Jerry_Atrick

Thanks.  I think I'll steer clear of the US stuff...it's close enough to our rules, but not close enough in details that can lead to exam errors.

Thanks for the ebay tip.

Cheers

Barry

Look at FB marketplace, gumtree, ebay, people selling for half price.. You will need both vol 1&2 as questions from both volumes appear on the exam. Also you will need ersa, aip, e6b, ruler, protractor, maps/charts, however the key book is vfrg. Big law books such as cao, casr.. are useless unless you speak law language. 

Books such as aip,ersa,charts have an expiry date (May and November) so I suggest buying them either at beginning of May or November so that you have next 6 months to pass an exam.

1-2 hours every day over 3 months, balancing between family and work did the job for me.

Pilotpracticeexams and bobtait exam preparation questions are helpful.

Good luck

• Like 1