Flaperons

Deskpilot

http://www.zenithair.com/stolch701/data/7-c-0.gif

CH701 is pretty much the same as Sav.  As you can see from the drawing, the Y-stick is connected to a torque tube with fixed horn on the back.  That horn has threaded rod running to the inner end of horns that centre pivot on the mixer.  It doesn't show it in this picture, but the outside of those horns have a rod which is connected to a fixed horn on the flaperon.  

So sideways movement on the stick rotates the whole torque tube and pulls/pushes on the mixer horns to move the flaperons.  Mixer is pivot mounted at the front so the flap handle can move the entire mixer forward or back, which lowers or raises the flaperons. 

Folding wings so that I can trailer it and rig wings single handed. Plane will be slightly heavier and I'm 101Kg so I want more lift for take off and lanting. Might have to go for a bigger engine. Am replacing rotten Dacron with resin impregnated cotton as a sin. Very smooth and should be less draggy.

Got nothing else to do with my time or/and little money.

How is the standard aileron linkage done on a Thruster?

I'm guessing you are looking for something like a half flaps effect? Full flaps on a Savannah gives a pronounced nose-down trim and very sloppy ailerons with increased adverse yaw: much of the work on finals is done with the rudder. The 701 and Savannah also have slats or VGs.

5 hours ago, Deskpilot said:

Folding wings so that I can trailer it and rig wings single handed. Plane will be slightly heavier and I'm 101Kg so I want more lift for take off and lanting. Might have to go for a bigger engine. Am replacing rotten Dacron with resin impregnated cotton as a sin. Very smooth and should be less draggy.

Got nothing else to do with my time or/and little money.

Deskpilot, based on my experience you will not need flaperons on your thruster. My single seat was a short wing (26) and a little rotax 377 @35 hp. It was flown by a 100kg pilot friend and gave excellent performance. My two seater had a 200kg useful load with a 58hp rotax 503 so you will be fine. I would be surprised if drooping the ailerons would give a one knot reduction in stall speed, however they will add drag so your climb rate will be less.

T88, thanks for that info. Maybe i'll reconsider that aspect of my rebuild. I was concerned I'll make the plane too heavy for the Rotax 508. I haven't measured the wings but I believe it is full size, not clipped.