Insurance Hike

Hwansey

I was presented with an email this afternoon advising me that my aircraft hull and public liability insurance policy was due and that the new premium was a 24% increase over last years for exactly the same coverage and excess.  Given the lockdowns and restrictions have affected my use, I have paid out $168/flying hour. The same usage over the next 12 months would equate to an hourly rate of $210 for insurance. Time for a rethink methinks. 

39 minutes ago, Hwansey said:

I was presented with an email this afternoon advising me that my aircraft hull and public liability insurance policy was due and that the new premium was a 24% increase over last years for exactly the same coverage and excess.  Given the lockdowns and restrictions have affected my use, I have paid out $168/flying hour. The same usage over the next 12 months would equate to an hourly rate of $210 for insurance. Time for a rethink methinks. 

Please "expand" :

flying experience (hours)

type eg endorsements for CS/retractable, tail wheel, aerobatics, night VFR, etc, etc

aircraft & insured value

claims history (not details) just something like  2  claims in 10 years will be sufficient

Might give us some insight into why you have had such a hike in your premium

My insurance went up earlier this year on the girlfriend  the broker told me all insurances were going up big time ESPECIALLY if it was a tail dragger. I got him to give me a quote for my Rans S-21 after its built and flying as it is a TD...about 4k he told me...The savannah was $1950  it previously was $1400  that was for 60k hull insurance. The Rans hull insurance would be around 90k

>16,500 hrs 

B747-400, B747-200,300,SP. B767, B737,  

CMD INST, Aerobatics, TW, CS, Retractable, Ag Rating,

Hull 140k. 5 mill liability 

No claims, no accidents, no incidents

2 hours ago, Hwansey said:

>16,500 hrs 

B747-400, B747-200,300,SP. B767, B737,  

CMD INST, Aerobatics, TW, CS, Retractable, Ag Rating,

Hull 140k. 5 mill liability 

No claims, no accidents, no incidents

Well "blow -me -down" (the alternate expression would leave me open to accusations of soliciting ) I think you just might have grounds for feeling undue financial persecution.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

Our FBO insurance on 2 Cessna 172's and one 182 RG doubled.   We fly off a 2000' paved runnway,  the shortest public use runnway in the state of Virginia.  Some of our high performance customers had to relocate their Monney's and Bonanza's in order to get coverage at all,  and if you are over 70 the fun really begins.