RAAus cease issuing aircraft registration cards?

jackc

Victoria gave away car registration labels years ago.  It is quite risky 'running the gauntlet' because many highway patrol cars are fitted with ANPR (automatic number plate recognition) which alerts the persons in blue in real time of expired registration, disqualified drivers, outstanding warrants etc.

Also, SAFA (HGFA) have stopped producing annual registration cards for their aircraft (trikes) and have come up with a sticker with a QR code which if scanned reveals the registration status.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Keenaviator said:

Victoria gave away car registration labels years ago. 

I was instrumental in getting rid of the requirement for owner's name signwritten on the RH door of trucks in Victoria after one of my NSW customers was fined $300.00 for not having a door sign. I went to my contact in Vicroads and pointed out (a) the truck had NSW registration, and (b) it was time we dropped the signs because registration data had been recorded electronically on a database for years, and the number plate identified the owner more accurately than signwriting which could have been done three owners ago. Vicroads wrote to the customer withdrawing the fine and the legislation was changed to remove the door sign requirement.

For much the same reasons, transponders on all aircraft would create a Wal-Mart effect with all landing-fee events recorded, allowing the fees to be lowered across the board, and recognising a multiple circuit operation requiring only one fee to lower the cost of training and create more new pilots.

And, removing names from truck doors has made it real easy for tilt tray trucks to steal cars as bystanders can’t identify trucks so easily to report a crime.  Same for removalist thieves emptying a house out.  Police pull over a truck and check rego against door markings.  We dropped the ball on that one……..

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, jackc said:

And, removing names from truck doors has made it real easy for tilt tray trucks to steal cars as bystanders can’t identify trucks so easily to report a crime.  Same for removalist thieves emptying a house out.  Police pull over a truck and check rego against door markings.  We dropped the ball on that one……..

Given that Victoria was the last and around 25 years ago I don’t think you have to be too worried. 

On 26/03/2022 at 2:44 AM, turboplanner said:

RAA members actually voted for the shift from being an Incorporated Association, to handing administration over to a Company, albeit with directors being voted in by the members.

In the Incorporated Association there was local Executive representation and you could raise an issue like this, and if necessary vote it out, but with the company you don't have that hads on access, and it seems don't get to know what decisions are being made or even what the agenda is.

I beg to differ regarding the RAA members voting regarding transferring into a company.  I have on good authority from a current board member (at the time) this process was not done honestly and I have to agree with him as he gave me a set of of circumstances which did not indicate honesty. 

• Like 1

So what was dishonest? Did they fiddle the number of votes or was it the process, so perhaps some technical issue that was not carried out to the letter?

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Keith Page said:

I beg to differ regarding the RAA members voting regarding transferring into a company.  I have on good authority from a current board member (at the time) this process was not done honestly and I have to agree with him as he gave me a set of of circumstances which did not indicate honesty. 

Keith, I'm probably aware of the same information you're aware of; I was not at all happy with the outcome or the way it was achieved, but the constitution certainly provided powers to take action, and that wasn't taken; people didn't stand up when they could have, so technically the members voted as I said. There's not a lot of point chewing it over now, because there aren't a lot of people wanting to change, and more importantly, no really big issues have come up, which in itself is a good thing.

Edited by turboplanner
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 1

Evidence, not hearsay thanks.

ONLY direct evidence given by the person who actually saw or heard the incident, counts. All the rest: ‘I was told, did you hear, I heard that, he was actually there and he said to me ‘ is called hearsay.

I used to do this for a living. So no more unless you are in a position to give direct evidence. Then I am happy to hear it.

Ken

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kenlsa said:

Evidence, not hearsay thanks.

ONLY direct evidence given by the person who actually saw or heard the incident, counts. All the rest: ‘I was told, did you hear, I heard that, he was actually there and he said to me ‘ is called hearsay.

I used to do this for a living. So no more unless you are in a position to give direct evidence. Then I am happy to hear it.

Ken

Didn't you hear the dogs barking?

All that noise would have told you something...as I have moved on am not that overly bothered any more nearly all has slipped my mind. Why linger on shoddy outcomes plenty of other great things to achieve.

However the clear judgement I made at the time will stay with me.

KP.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jackc said:

Turbo,

Did you stand up and say something?  Did you take any action or investigate same?

No one listened...they were set on an agenda without questions for the shakers.

• Like 1

Just now, Keith Page said:

No one listened...they were set on an agenda without questions for the shakers.

NO guts……..NO glory, all it takes for evil to prosper is for good people to sit on their hands and do, NOTHING.  A shameful thing to happen to our peak body.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, turboplanner said:

Keith, I'm probably aware of the same information you're aware of; I was not at all happy with the outcome or the way it was achieved, but the constitution certainly provided powers to take action, and that wasn't taken; people didn't stand up when they could have, so technically the members voted as I said. There's not a lot of point chewing it over now, because there aren't a lot of people wanting to change, and more importantly, no really big issues have come up, which in itself is a good thing.

One of the shakers who caused/advised all that - got the heave ho out of another organization, he did not take too kindly at all.

• Like 1