Whats RAA Up To ??

Just skimmed a communique from RAA - insurance cover going up (in some area)  - memberships to stay  as is - helping us all out over COV-19. 

Sounds like  a softening up for changes to come.

With the general slow down, in just about everything, due to CV-19 - RAA's costs and insurance claims are surely way way down for 2020.  So why the gushy need to soft us up - whats coming ??

Insurance is going up all over the place due to high exposure to risk and covering past disasters (fire, flood, cyclone) and rising costs.  RAA includes insurance for all Pilot members as part of the fee (Non-flying and Associate members don't have it).  It will go up as all other insurance did, and because the members have been asking for an increase in coverage.  But the membership isn't going up, just yet, which is a good thing.  

• Agree 1

2020 being almost a total write-off and 2021 shaping up to be a "slow" year at best  RAA costs are minimal - in the light of this  membership cost increase should be deferred for at least 24 months if not longer.

Insurance is a global service market - so with all the claims due to various e "natural" disasters and with CV-19 on top - premium increases are to be expected however in mitigation RAA, as a customer, must have had very few claims (if any) so would expect little change to its insurance costs.

My mother's saying was meant that no matter what good deed she had done, someone would find cause to criticise. Sorry I was obscure. I thought the announcement was good news and was surprised that a negative slant could be put on it.

• Like 3

I don't even know the risk. How much has been paid out in injury claims in recent years for RAAus members? Where is this information?

Anybody who can do arithmetic will tell you that a one in a million chance of a one million payout is worth one dollar, but we all know that we have to pay overheads and profits on top of this. But hull insurance has already been priced too high for me.