Aircraft Accidents

Admin

Hi All, yesterday I started a Page/Database of aircraft accidents and posted 3 to start with, however, I feel a bit iffy about doing them this way. The objective is to create a learning tool to help keep everyone safer and hopefully improve one's flying skills through interactive discussion of the accident. There is a lot of work in adding each record and i don't want to limit it to just Australian accidents as there is the Accidents and Incidents Forum where you guys post these.

So, I have removed the Accidents Page/Database and have commenced talks with a very high calibre IPS software developer to create something similar to the old Aviation News section we use have but specifically for aircraft accidents from all around the world. This way we have an automated system to list accidents that can be discussed in a non-public area of the site. It will take a little while for it to be developed, and it won't be cheap, but i think it will be worth it.

For those that don't know how we did Aviation News in the past here are some screen shots of the News Reader from many years ago...I don't know at this stage if it will end being like this but it will be developed to achieve the desired objective.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

56 minutes ago, Admin said:

Hi All, yesterday I started a Page/Database of aircraft accidents and posted 3 to start with, however, I feel a bit iffy about doing them this way. The objective is to create a learning tool to help keep everyone safer and hopefully improve one's flying skills through interactive discussion of the accident. There is a lot of work in adding each record and i don't want to limit it to just Australian accidents as there is the Accidents and Incidents Forum where you guys post these.

So, I have removed the Accidents Page/Database and have commenced talks with a very high calibre IPS software developer to create something similar to the old Aviation News section we use have but specifically for aircraft accidents from all around the world. This way we have an automated system to list accidents that can be discussed in a non-public area of the site. It will take a little while for it to be developed, and it won't be cheap, but i think it will be worth it.

For those that don't know how we did Aviation News in the past here are some screen shots of the News Reader from many years ago...I don't know at this stage if it will end being like this but it will be developed to achieve the desired objective.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

What's happened to the regular Aircraft Accidents and Incidents?

We've had two duplicates already, when there is a heap of lead up information already in threads ready to refer to. 

Many Aircraft Accidents and incidents take months and sometimes years before we get the final report, so we need that histpry in one place and intact.

Overseas accidents and RPT accidents would be fine in a news section, but they usually don't provide useful information to us because the rules and conditions are different. If they are mixed in with Australian accidents there's enough confusion between jurisidictions to make the whole subject confusing, and send people elsewhere looking for Australian discussions.

• Like 1