Is RAA getting 760kg MTOW?

Sloper

Total waste of time this group G for say a C152, once self declared Medical’s are in place for VH reg driven machines there’s simply no point! You can avoid the cost of RA membership in doing so!

• Agree 1

• 2 months later...

I can see RAAus putting pressure on CASA to hold of the self declared medicals for RPLs. Or lobbying for the removal of CTA access for self declared medicals.

When RPLs get self declared medicals, it will seriously disadvantage RAAus.

RPL will give you 1500kg MTOW, 2 POB and CTA access, all on a self declared medical.

RPC will give you 760kg MTOW, 2 POB and no CTA access on a self declared medical.

What's the use RAAus then?

• Like 3

IF you go back in the files you will find a statement from the CASA that WE would NEVER have anything more restrictive than GA had, imposed on us. Be interesting if someone could locate that. It might not carry any weight with them, But It SHOULD as it's a fundamental statement of intent on structure and purpose. Their word HAS to mean something on some occasions, surely.   Nev

Fliterite, you are wrong and jackc is right. The Arabs have horrific road accident figures, partly because their religion is fatalistic. They think the time of your death is set by Allah and there is nothing they can do about it. So they don't wear seat belts etc.

• Haha 1

At the other end of this debate is the part 103 or Aus equivalent. Complete freedom for lightweight single seat aircraft. No fees. No medicals. It makes you solely responsible for your own welfare. I love this idea. The reason it has stalled I heard is because raaus are fighting to keep it out of Australia. It works well overseas. But here raaus will lose a large number of their paying members which will severely reduce their income. Not good for a self serving corporation.  If I am wrong I apologise.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, BrendAn said:

At the other end of this debate is the part 103 or Aus equivalent. Complete freedom for lightweight single seat aircraft. No fees. No medicals. It makes you solely responsible for your own welfare. I love this idea. The reason it has stalled I heard is because raaus are fighting to keep it out of Australia. It works well overseas. But here raaus will lose a large number of their paying members which will severely reduce their income. Not good for a self serving corporation.  If I am wrong I apologise.

You are not wrong, it’s all about control…..nothing less.  I champion the FAA FAR Part 103 regime in the U.S.  Nowadays good airframes and good training at low cost. Call it Foundation Aviation if you like 🙂. With some RAaus training costs North of $300 per hour in flash planes, it becoming out of reach for many.

People I have spoken to, are one way or the other…..Pilots falling out of the sky in droves, OR bring it on 🙂.  Turn clock back to AUF days, but with better training and aircraft. What’s not to like for budget, fun loving Aviators?

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Winner 1

26 minutes ago, jackc said:

You are not wrong, it’s all about control…..nothing less.  I champion the FAA FAR Part 103 regime in the U.S.  Nowadays good airframes and good training at low cost. Call it Foundation Aviation if you like 🙂. With some RAaus training costs North of $300 per hour in flash planes, it becoming out of reach for many.

People I have spoken to, are one way or the other…..Pilots falling out of the sky in droves, OR bring it on 🙂.  Turn clock back to AUF days, but with better training and aircraft. What’s not to like for budget, fun loving Aviators?

Well said jack.👍

• Agree 2

I've figured that the only legal way to really do all the things I want to do , is be an original aircraft builder. that is probably VH-experimental or 19-. I have not looked into precisely the advantages or disadvantages between 19- and VH-EXP as original builder.

Many non-original builders flyers modify  VH-EXP registered and 19-  but not as original builders. By the book, they're fixed to the original builder. 

-glen

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RFguy said:

I've figured that the only legal way to really do all the things I want to do , is be an original aircraft builder. that is probably VH-experimental or 19-. I have not looked into precisely the advantages or disadvantages between 19- and VH-EXP as original builder.

Many non-original builders flyers modify  VH-EXP registered and 19-  but not as original builders. By the book, they're fixed to the original builder. 

-glen

Your last sentence says the stupidness of it all 😞. A subsequent owner from the original builder cannot work on the 19 rego aircraft?   IF the subsequent owner has the full documentation for the relevant aircraft, WHY should they not be allowed to work on it?  Sorry but you can guess my opinion on this requirement, I do my best work…..after midnight 🙂 

1 hour ago, Flightrite said:

Can’t do that jackc, I still fly professionally and my machines are based at a busy public place. 

Yes you can!  IF you want to be creative but you are in a position where you don’t need to…… 🙂