Ridge Surfing NZ style • Pure Glide video

Garfly

How good would that BIG ( thermal\cloud ) ridge in Cape York Peninsular be ?.

The Morning Glory cloud is a rare meteorological phenomenon consisting of a low-level atmospheric solitary wave and associated cloud, occasionally observed in different locations around the world. The wave often occurs as an amplitude-ordered series of waves forming bands of roll clouds. ".

spacesailor

In the French Alps they do it with a donk!  😉

This vid is long but you can drag the time-line to make your own Best-Hits version.

This is a Google Translate version of the YT uploader's notes:

"Early departure from Avignon, on May 1, 2019, with my early pilot friend, Patrice. He was my instructor for eleven months, which led me to become a private pilot in 2009. Since then, he has given me the opportunity to improve my piloting while understanding the mountains.

For more than ten years, I have made numerous flights in alpine environments and benefit from his knowledge of mountain pilot. Patrice is a qualified Mountain pilot, Mountain instructor and Mountain examiner. His experience allowed me to obtain thanks to him my release of the site in Courchevel in 2016. Arrived at the Valréas field at nine o'clock, making contact with our machine of the day: a magnificent Jodel 113.

A film of an hour and a quarter in one piece, retracing the almost 6 hours of flight of the day ... following a glitch with the sound picked up on board on one of my cameras, Patrice kindly remade the comments Off Line approaches to the altisurfaces of Mens, ND de la Salette, Valloire and Grand Terrus."

Edited by Garfly