Interesting experience at a Shepparton Flight School...

12 hours ago, New2flying said:

I followed this advice. She said that she would only give it to another CFI, which I found ridiculous. I instructed a lawyer.

Not worth it. What do you hope to achieve? So you can fly with them??

Write it off as a personality clash and move on life is to short to have a fight over this, you can spend your money with a flying school you like.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

15 hours ago, New2flying said:
On 16/01/2021 at 12:36 PM, New2flying said:

The saddest part of it all is that this school offered the most economical price in terms of RAAus instructors, the proximity to the school, the need not to get an ASIC clearance and medical. Now I have to go through the hoops of doing these, plus probably pay an extra $100 dollars for a different training aircraft as the new one doesn't offer the Tecnam I started in. These things add up.

. I instructed a lawyer.

With all due respect, and knowing lawyer's rates is not very economical way forward.

If I was instructor, or even now when flying as a private pilot, there is no law that would force me to fly with someone that I don't want to fly with. Full stop.

• Like 1

Have you ever watched a great sportsperson, actor, musician etc prepare for a performance? They spend a lot of time going through the motions in their minds and, where necessary, carrying out the body movements.

The absolutely cheapest flying instruction is to sit in the aircraft you are learning in and go for mental flights. We all lament those days when the weather prevents us from taking a flying lesson IN THE AIR, but they are a godsend for the student pilot. Since the planes are grounded, there is usually unlimited access to them. So go out and sit in the plane and go through each exercise in your mind, imagining what things should look like and at the same time push and pull things as you would at the various stages of the flight. Even now, although it is ages since I actually committed aviation, I can sit here at my desk and fly a circuit though my mind's eye and so stalls, incipient spins, steep turns, yadda yadda.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1