Bolts (Australian supplier)?

Can you get the bolts and drill the holes yourself? Get an extra one or two in case you muck up drilling’s the holes.  Make a drill guide jig to get the holes perfect. Cheers.  If you want post to me and I’ll drill them, but sure you will get it done locally.

21 minutes ago, Blueadventures said:

Can you get the bolts and drill the holes yourself?

Anything is possible, but you have to ask yourself is it realistic to do it? You would probably spend more on broken bits.

Besides, if you drill through a bolt, have you damaged its heat treated characteristics?

You've got to get heat colouring showing in steel, before you change its heat-treated properties. So if you see straw colours appearing on the surface, you're approaching steel-strength changing temperatures.

• Like 1

Ralph at ASAP at caboolture would probably have them...he has so much stuff. he is the one doing the Beaufighter restoration. he isnt the cheapest around but if you want them he probably has them

http://www.asapspares.com.au/

1 hour ago, Blueadventures said:

Can you get the bolts and drill the holes yourself? Get an extra one or two in case you muck up drilling’s the holes.  Make a drill guide jig to get the holes perfect. Cheers.  If you want post to me and I’ll drill them, but sure you will get it done locally.

Of course you can. All that stuff about damaging the bolts - tosh! you would have to be a complete nincompoop to generate that amount of heat. Pedestal style drill, cutting compound, good vice and patience.