Interesting Solution - Rotax 912 at 150 horsepower - Fixes Australia's hot, high and heavy - air density takeoff problems? Plus short airfield.

SSCBD

Their selling point - the '45psi fuel rail pressure in the event of an accident" is problematic. Rotax requires their EFI engines to have a bleed orifice across the rail that dumps pressure immediately the pumps are turned off.

Carburettors plus injection? he worst of all possible worlds!

I can't get past the background music. It feels like I'm watching an ad for a torch/flashlight that has been designed for the military and is so powerful that perhaps it should be banned, or an ad with some joker in a rented Porsche explaining how I can buy things for $0.33 an sell a thousand a month on eBay for $25.

• Haha 1

Superchargers CAN be OK in a general sense, as the revs don't need to go up to get the extra power, but there's  extra heat to disperse and the redrive has to deal with it. There are many faults in the "sell" I won't even start on. That motor has already been stretched. It's a pressed up crank still the same as the 80 HP that was the most reliable version. When is enough, enough for the poor thing?.  MOST aero engines don't have reserve strength for hotting up as that would make them heavier, and their lightness is a selling point that all users take into account.  One design of engine that just begs for a supercharger is a  Radial and most of the serious ones are supercharged. Nev

23 hours ago, Kenlsa said:

The only time you have too much excess power is...er.....never

I have too much excess power with a 2200 Jab in the Corby. I could easily exceed Max speed, straight and level. But it is nice to have on a hot day with a short strip.

• Like 3