SuperPup

who

Hi All, I'm new here.  I've purchased a SuperPup kit which is incomplete.  

Does anyone have contact info for John Cotton?  I was given his details by the seller, as I believe he has a complete L/H wing, and some ribs?

Any contact info would be appreciated.  Thanks.

14 hours ago, Old Koreelah said:

I can also connect you with an experienced flyer who built his own SuperPup.

Hi OK, that would be great!

• 1 month later...

I've recently bought A pup too  - 99% complete but never registered. I remember seeing somewhere about fuel guages in the wing root presumably visible from the cockpit. Mine does not have these nor is there any Detail for it in the assembly manual.  Any ideas if this will be a deal breaker for RAAUS registration?

Hi, Mine came with premade tanks and looking at the wing root side, they have bosses welded in for the sight glass.  Sketch SM7 shows the sight glass.

spacer.png

Edited by who

Welded in ? Your thanks are aluminum ?

Mine Are fibreglass - I'll have to delve in there and have a look. Also,  do your plans detail the positive pressure breather through the tank caps ? Mine are already made,  but I Wonder  about this opening facing forward as suggested. I'd have thought some kind of filter necessary.

Mine Is a mark 1V by the way

Yes my kit is a 4 as well.  It's 20 years old!  I'm missing a fair bit of the wings, but I'm working on the parts.   The tanks are fabricated from aluminium, and the caps have the breather.  I wouldn't face them any way other than forward.  Faced rearward they would create a vacuum.  A filter may cause more problems than it solves.  I would leave them as is.

I thought with fiberglass tanks you would be able to see the fuel level through the actual fiberglass?

DSC00869.JPG

DSC00868.JPG

I agree Regarding the direction of breathers- just concerned about possible moisture and dust ingress

Mine has  had an electric demand pump fitted to the fuel supply by the previous builder. He Talked about a belly tank that John Cotton had on the drawing board .

Seems pointless to me as i can't even fill My wing tanks and remain below 340kg

I have talked to an L4 this morning who said (off the record) he'd be satisfied with a calibrated dip stick and a fuel flow meter which sounds better to me than retro fitting guages

Minimal ingress I would imagine.  Once airborne next to none.  Humidity would be more of a real world problem?  Do you have fuel drains?  

I'm going to talk with John again shortly,  I've asked him about the belly addition, but I was thinking more for a bit of luggage, as there is only enough room in the cabin for a penicil. and pilot.  

I thought about doing something like the 90 ltr supapup tanks, but yes weight is an issue to be considered.  I'm still new to the kit, and kit building scene, though I was an engines-airframe lame years ago, before I moved onto other things.

What happens if you want to build an A/C over the 340 kg?  I'm imagining -340 is LSA?  like I say, I've got a lot of work to do before I understand what the hell is going on in sport aviation.

What engine is in yours?  Mine came with a BMW R1200S oil-air cooled engine, and a Hirth reduction box.  It's a horizontally opposed, dual spark plug, air and oil cooled, fuel injected twin that make 120 hp, so it ticks a lot of boxes. and weighs about the same as the 4 cylinder Jab.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, sick pup said:

I agree Regarding the direction of breathers- just concerned about possible moisture and dust ingress

Mine has  had an electric demand pump fitted to the fuel supply by the previous builder. He Talked about a belly tank that John Cotton had on the drawing board .

Seems pointless to me as i can't even fill My wing tanks and remain below 340kg

I have talked to an L4 this morning who said (off the record) he'd be satisfied with a calibrated dip stick and a fuel flow meter which sounds better to me than retro fitting guages

Could you fit a 6 litre capacity collector / surge tank that both tanks feed into and then supply the fuel pump to engine?

I fitted a savannah collector tank in my Nynja and I can see its contents at all times behind the seats, plus has a low fuel sensor that luminates a light when down to 5 litres remaining.

Images in New Nynja to area thread.

Cheers.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...