A dumping of snow

In my 20's I had a ride in the front seat of a Pitts. Remember the G meter going to 4.5 at one point. 

I was ok during the flight but threw up about 3 hours after.

4 hours ago, Marty_d said:

In my 20's I had a ride in the front seat of a Pitts. Remember the G meter going to 4.5 at one point. 

I was ok during the flight but threw up about 3 hours after.

Three hours later, you must have felt awful! You do get “g” fit...if I pulled 3G now, I’m sure it would feel very heavy...there was a time when I would hardly feel the 2g required for a level steep turn. Simply a case of conditioning. We did max g turns with the students in the PC9M in Oman. I think we flew it at 200 kts, and you went full power rolled and pulled to 6g. The aircraft didn’t have the power to sustain a 6g level turn, so you overbanked to get the nose below the horison and varying bank angle for speed control, you maintained the 6g pull as best you could, in a tight spiral dive... Never got used to that! The g-suit squeezed you like a demented Python, the waist band would blow up hard and make breathing difficult, not very comfortable at all! You had to tense up stomach muscles a lot too, to stop grey out onset. 

• Like 1