What is the minimum I legally need in the aircraft to conduct a local flight (circuit)?

Ok kinda a dumb question here. I've stupidly forgotten my flight bag  with licence, POH, maintenance release,  logbook etc... Can I still  legally fly circuits from my own strip over my own land? 

I'll have  ERSA and other electronic documents in my EFB (which is with me).

Alan

You own the airspace to 500' agl over your own land. If you remain under that and remain over your own property you can do what every you want. However if you crash insurance may not pay out.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Yenn said:

Does RAAus require a MR. Do they even have such a thing?

Sorry Yenn, I’m VH reg. Just confirming what I already suspected... I stupidly forgot  to bring my flight bag with everything in it heading home to my property this weekend. The weather has been very overcast  for  three weeks due to monsoon and haven’t been able to fly. Hoped a break in the weather might come this weekend, but now no documents.

POH can be downloaded electronically, it’s my licence and MR which are the issues

Alan

13 hours ago, NT5224 said:

Ok kinda a dumb question here. I've stupidly forgotten my flight bag  with licence, POH, maintenance release,  logbook etc... Can I still  legally fly circuits from my own strip over my own land? 

I'll have  ERSA and other electronic documents in my EFB (which is with me).

Alan

Disclaimer: I have 117 hours. At the risk of giving patronising advice, you could leave the POH and logbook with the plane so that it is always legal. You can scan the POH and logbook in case they get lost, and update the logbook with your phone.

• Like 1

Got to have the airplane valid MR  (yes, RA has MR...) ,  and POH.  

You dont need your own personal logbook.

Not sure but you might need the airplane flying hours and activity logbook.

But that would usually be kept with the daily MR sheet., which lives in the aircraft.

I've always seen both always together in in an A5 binder or clipboard.

Nothing stopping you from writing up an MR for the flight or for the day, as long as it has been done.

POH should stay in the plane. Flying circuits on your land you dont need a beacon. 

• Like 1

Thanks for responses!

No flying this weekend due to weather ( and lack of MR), but  following suggestions here I will now keep MR and POH documentation stored in aircraft. Seems like the obvious thing!

Alan 

You must always carry the POH, valid MR, and your licence/certificate. Don’t give anyone a reason to ping you if something goes wrong. 

i don’t believe anyone owns the airspace above their property. I can go as low as I need to due to stress of weather or during T/O or LDG.