SOAR receivers auction

petercoota

All too expensive from my way of thinking & the 8.25% buyers premium adds a hefty margin. Tecnam for 136k plus 11.2k premium, total 147.2k. Not for an ex flying school aircraft 1/2 way through the engine life & who knows what airframe stress.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, jackc said:

As RAA flying school hourly rates skyrocket, seen $320 per hour recently.......flying schools buying expensive aircraft to impress potential students. The principle of RAA is fast disappearing as a reasonable cost route into Aviation.

Bring on Foundation Aviation FAR Part 103 no rego, no licence, low cost fun flying 🙂.  In this case we have to copy the U.S. 

There is not an emoticon available for disagree with the post so I will just say I disagree with the post ... in part.

I agree that RAAus is not an ultralight organization nor is it supportive of ultralights.  It is recreational only with ever higher sights and if we squash the ultralights into oblivion that seems OK with them.  Nothing wrong with that in theory - its what many of the members want and many members coming out of GA or into the flying RAAus in the past 10 years that's all that has been put forward and its the new normal.

Where I have a problem is that CASA through the CAOs make RAAus the only organization to go to for ultralights ... and that does not sit well because if it 'aint nice and shiny fast and controlled in all aspects RAAus do not give a flying fig.  and they have not done for years.

If you want to challenge my belief here just consider single seat two axis aircraft and ops in RAAus.

1. the OPs manual FORGOT to include anything about the pilot groups back in 2015 and it continues to this day.

2. the new Tech manual FORGOT to include anything on this group at all

3. CASA in the reissue to the current 95.10 REMOVED all ability to register 2 axis aircraft at all

Where I disagree is that we NEED or even really want 103 type ultralights.

1. 19L of fuel is not very practical

2. max 48knts max power straight and level is not practical

3. factory built uncertified airframes under 103 regs will never be allowed by Govt. when all other factory built aircraft have to approved

4. no pilot training is a disaster

- its what really came out from HOSCOTS way back in 1986

- the pilot deaths noted in that report as a direct result of no training created the 95.10 and 95.25 aircraft and the original AUF

I would love to see an alternate organisation to RAAus with a focus on light touch minimal cost operations of airframes under the existing CAO definitions of what RAAus control.

ELAAA was a potential hope for this a couple of years ago but sadly it seems to have succumbed to the weight of paperwork CASA required of it to get into operations ... but to me it was looking at too big a bite in terms of coverage.

So whilst I absolutely want something to be done to allow light touch operations of ultralights and I do not see RAAus as the way forward with that I think that seeking 103 type operations in Australia is counter productive as it looks (and IMHO would be) dangerous and would never be accepted. 

RAAus not interested in Part 103, never will be.  It requires a separate organisation totally......it can’t be adopted directly from the U.S. because their training regime does not exist.   Everyone flies on a wing and a prayer.

It could be modified for Australia quite easily.

Anyway another forum has been started for those interested, so best to go there and discuss.......not clog up here and Rec Aviation with something RAAus will never want anything to do with.

The last Pickles car auction I went to sold very few of the cars because their ( undisclosed) reserve was not met.

They loaded the unsold cars on trucks and re-auctioned them interstate.

I never went to another pickles auction.

• Winner 1

Pickles have Always pandard to tbe dealer,s that are bidding against the public.

When you bid it s Final, no change of mind !.   So you lose to a known dealer.

(  you do get to know who they are) 

And then the  Next auction the same lot is back in again. 

BUT

It,s  Cheaper than going to the pictures now days.

spacesailor

Don't forget the auctioneer reserves the right to bid on items themselves. I recently (a month ago) disposed of about 8 large industrial tyres and wheels at auction, via a well-known auction house.

According to them, all the tyres and wheels were sold, and I was advised the sales results, and paid out accordingly (after they took their 20% cut).

Some of the tyres and wheels disappointingly brought very little money, even though they were new and unused.

However, I was rather surprised to go to the auctioneering yard just the day before yesterday, and noted that 3 of the wheels and tyres I sold, were still sitting in their yard.

It appears to me the company purchased them for a low price, and will auction them again. I find it hard to believe an outside purchaser bought them, and hasn't picked them up yet.

Normally, if you don't pick up your purchased goods within a week, they are forfeited by the auctioneering house.

Gosh onetrack, that almost seems like theft or fraud to me. Surely they must have been offered at auction?

But I can well imagine a very fast and poor attempt at auctioning those tyres, allowing the auctioneers to "buy" them.

Once I was at an auction where the car was very quickly hammered down to an accomplice of the auctioneer, leaving higher bidders shaking their heads in anger.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Bruce, it's all in the fine print of the contract. The tyres and wheels were auctioned publically on their site, I followed the auction.

I just suspect now that the auctioneering house bought some of them. I'm not really upset about the pricing, or the final return to me, I knew what the outcome would likely be.

The wheels and tyres didn't owe me anything by way of major financial outlay, I deal in equipment and parts regularly, and this lot was just remnants of previous purchases.

The auctioneering houses T's & C's seem to me to be a repository of some of the most ruthless lawyers and legalese, though.

It just pays to remember that the auctioneering houses have dealer licences, and they like to try and set prices by not accepting final bids, and by trying every method they can to raise final sale prices. Selling good items cheap sets the market value for that product, and reduces the return to the auctioneering business.

Edited by onetrack
  • Like 1

You are an amateur amongst the experts who know the system.  I've found Shannons OK  They deal in older stuff. Cars and Bikes. Nev

Edited by facthunter
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

It is completely unethical for the auctioneer (house) to be both seller and bidder - I include bidding by the auctioneers representative in this.

We live in a strange wold indeed - costly legislation to achieve no discernible benefit (eg ASIC system) is rushed in unopposed, while at the same time the doubtful ethics/morality of auction houses continues, with tasset approval.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

It's only constant vigilance that stops corruption everywhere and that's always been the case. Crime pays till you make sure it doesn't.   

Skippy TACIT... It took me a while to work it out. Nev

Edited by facthunter
  • Like 1