Has anyone seen a copy of version 7.1.1 of the Ops Manual yet?

Jase T

It comes into effect in 3 days and I have yet to find a copy of it. I realise that RAAus have detailed the changes as part of the roll out of Part 149, I even attended one of the recent info evenings. However I won't be 100% comfortable I am fully compliant with any changes until I have actually seen the changes! 

The new ops and tech manuals are out.  

and the political spin on what changes is just that spin

nobody mentioned from raaus that a whole aircraft group is wiped out in the rewrite ... so I have two days left to enjoy one of my groups and a whole NEW arguement with raaus as to what the hell I am supposed to do with the aircraft that does not fall into the remaining groups ... which was the bloody reason we had the seperate category in the first place 

not looking forward to reading the actual changes in the tech manual because already I can see more crap for me on a couple of my airframes ona. Cursory 5 min skim. 

Edited by kasper

well this Ops manual builds on the complete mess for Group C in the last.

1. last ops manual failed to require medical certificates or BFR to exercise the pilot certificate.

2. this manual fails to actually allow for the issue of Group C because its been overlooked altogether as a group

So it appears that those who already hold them can continue to exercise their rights  ... but nobody can get a new one added to their certificate so can't ever sell one to anyone or let anyone else fly them.

Well done Jill - I TOLD you face to face in SA back when this crappy drafting of the last Ops manual was a pigs ear for Group C and I see that you have exceeded all possible failings on this group.

Now for RAAus executive and board to úpsell this as a big improvement.

Oh and the rewrite of 95.10 actually did more than change all ultralights to microlights ... it also removed two axis from 95.10 ... love to see what happens now to Group C who have two axis aircraft ... no longer under 95.10, not within the OPs manual ... so I suppose I ma back to 1975 pre-95.10 and just go fly and wait for the shit to hit the fan.

1 minute ago, Jabiru7252 said:

I logged on at 8pm local and could not find the latest versions of the manuals.

Its not in the docs area - you have to go to the notice about part 149 where they have linked out to the new ops and tech manuals that become effective 1 April

12 minutes ago, planesmaker said:

What is group c?

Combined controls.  It’s where anything with non weight shift only or three axis lives.  It covers two axis machines and combined weight shift and aerodynamic controls.  

Not many about but we are now apparently extinct. 

On 30/03/2021 at 11:13 PM, kasper said:

Combined controls.  It’s where anything with non weight shift only or three axis lives.  It covers two axis machines and combined weight shift and aerodynamic controls.  

Not many about but we are now apparently extinct. 

Just go fly the damn thing, preferably away from prying eyes.....cancelled rego and membership.

Sadly, all the regulatory b/s is killing anything related to having fun in this world........

" Sadly, all the regulatory b/s is killing anything related to having fun in this world........"

I agree entirely.

PLUS

lots of Bureaucratic lawyer Speak. just so you Will be confused.

spacesailor