Blind rivets and wingribs

Luca Milesi

In the wing build instruction ICP write to use A5 rivets to fix ribs and longerons together. But there are some holes for A5 rivets and other for A4. Should I redrill all the 3.2 mm holes to  4 mm and set overall A5 rivets or should I follow the holesizes?

( that would mind to use A5 rivets for the 4 mm holes and A4 for the 3,2 mm)

And on the pictures below are the rivets correct pulled ?

I thank you very much for your help. I m a beginner 😢

BB1D2FC8-E004-48C6-A52D-B018C939C1D0.jpeg

DCC68258-E383-4970-8377-C020393E2D7B.jpeg

Hi Luca. I cannot see where in my instructions it says to use A5 rivets to attach the ribs to the longerons.

Can you post a picture of your instructions for this?

My recollection for attaching the wing ribs to the main spar is that there are both A4 and A5 rivets, and you just use the rivet to fit the hole size.

At no point in my build did I have to drill a hole to a bigger size.

Also, from your picture the bottom rivet looks correctly pulled, but the top rivet looks like an A4 rivet in an A5 hole?

• Agree 1

Luca, if I remember correctly, the top and bottom rivets that fasten the nose rib/s to the main spar are A5. The rest of the rivets between those (that also hold the rear ribs to the main spar) are A4.

• Agree 1

Yes, Bob thank you very  much for your valuable advice. The top and botton rivets that fasten  the nose ribs have 4 mm holes and so I used here A5 rivets. The rest was 3.2 mm holes and I used A4 rivets. The ICP instructions are not always very precise.

I am very grateful for your support, with people like you to build is a joy😀🛩🔧

• Like 1

Hi again Luca. I found it essential to use all 3 sources of information during my build:

1. The written description in the manual. Though this is translated from Italian, and the English is sometimes 'strange', there is essential info there.

2. The illustrations in the manual. I found these very good.

3. The 'exploded' diagrams in the parts manual. I found these very helpful for identifying parts and also for order of assembly. I put these in a separate manual, to have it open alongside the assembly manual.

Some dealers also supply sets of build pics, and I found these very useful at some stages of the build.

Almost all of the kit will go together exactly as supplied (in just one or two areas there was very minor trimming of edges or corners for a better fit) so I would encourage you not to make changes.
Good luck, and we look forward to pics of your progress!