Low flying trike operator hits power line ( Non - fatal )

Idaho is mentioned, but the bloke doesn't sound yankish as he struggles out of the wreckage muttering "I'm OK. . .I'm OK"

Wire strike occurs circa 3:44.

I wonder if his surname is 'Kerr"

8 minutes ago, FlyBoy1960 said:

Just love the fact the first thing he did was tear off the rego numbers !

I don't know anything about this character, other than the obvious fact that he is lucky in the extreme.

Eldest Daughter saw it on her Bookface news feed and forwarded it as she always does if it's flight related.

The bloke was obviously in shock, it took him a while to cut the engine !

Happy dayz. . . 

Hasn't this crash been shown before on here? I seem to recall the episode. He's one lucky boy, he was flying low enough for ages to take out wires, long before he actually did.

5 hours ago, onetrack said:

Hasn't this crash been shown before on here? I seem to recall the episode. He's one lucky boy, he was flying low enough for ages to take out wires, long before he actually did.

It could well have been Sir. . .  RF contributors Do post lots of interesting content; and the Youtube comments suggest it wasn't very recent.

Below 500 feet, objects have a way of jumping up into the air and taking you out, but from a Human Factors perspective this is a classic because of the number of power poles and the number of line branches he flies over without registering.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, cscotthendry said:

At one stage he was flying directly over the tracks with wires either side of him.

Not clever at all IMO

Agreed Scott.  Inconducive to long term survival methinks. 

• Like 1

Well, guess he won’t be flying like a knob again, hey train driver how cool do I look, yeah mate you looked cool right up until you messed up, toot toot.

winner

• Haha 1

On 30/04/2021 at 8:39 PM, FlyBoy1960 said:

Just love the fact the first thing he did was tear off the rego numbers !

IF he was a FAR Part 103 flyer, bonus is.....no rego at all 🙂 

Just as an aside. . . .In the UK, we have SSDR.  Single Seat Deregulated, ie, no Permit to fly regulation. Maintenance purely assigned to the owner pilot.  ( crazy, wide open to abuse ) But machines in this category still  require Registration ID to be displayed prominently. 

Interesting that. . .