Fuel flow meter

Hi Paul - what information are you hoping to get from this fuel flow meter?

If you go back, this section,  to about the 10 March, you will find a fair bit of information about Fuel Computers - which also give flow.

Paul - I am guessing that it may be hard to find a gauge/sender that just does L/hr. I think you might have to compromise & go with a fuel computer, that will certainly give you L/hr but also, fuel used/fuel remaining and quite probably accumulated fuel used since last zeroed.

• Agree 1

Have a look at the Flight Data FC-10. It's about the cheapest one available.
What Skippy said is the case. It costs very little extra for a manufacturer to put those extra features in the software. The expensive part is the sensor.

Edited by cscotthendry

49 minutes ago, Paul davenport said:

Thank you all just the info . Steam gauges fitted so it’s a stand alone gauge I will investigate FC10

I have a friend that has a FC10 and red cube fitted this annual; we were planning to run engine today but have put it off until Thursday or Friday afternoon.  Will let you know how it goes.

I have seen cheap about $60 ones on ebay that may give an indication of flow; I have no idea of quality.  Cheers

5 minutes ago, cherk said:

Wow! that's a good price.

I am not so keen on the spigot size (may require some additional adapters = potential failure points) and the use of a separate energy supply has both + & - features.