Autopilot

tecnam2003

Hi from a Savannah noobie

I have recently joined as a Savannah owner and read many of the topics on this forum.

There were some comments on autopilots and the non appearance of the Trutrak ECO system which was a trim/servo tab design rather than servo motors directly connected to the primary flight surfaces.

Some of the folk involved with the ECO system have teamed up with Levil and this is the result.

https://aircraftautomation.com

the ease of installation may be attractive to some Savannah owners...

comments welcome

Kevin

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 1 year later...

Realise this post is 14 months old but ,like Kevin, would like more info on this unit, now known as the SuperECO autopilot. The company still answers emails so would seem to be still in business. Would love to get some user reviews but cannot find any anywhere. Perhaps none have been sold?

Anyone help?

Bob

I just watched a YouTube video of a chap that fitted this Eco autopilot to his Cub and it seems to work extremely well for the simplicity of the design and Cub owner also seem pretty stoked in how well it worked.

13 hours ago, Guy s said:

I just watched a YouTube video of a chap that fitted this Eco autopilot to his Cub and it seems to work extremely well for the simplicity of the design and Cub owner also seem pretty stoked in how well it worked.

Thx Guy.

Could you post the link to this video pls?

Bob.

On 15/05/2021 at 5:21 PM, tecnam2003 said:

Hi from a Savannah noobie

I have recently joined as a Savannah owner and read many of the topics on this forum.

There were some comments on autopilots and the non appearance of the Trutrak ECO system which was a trim/servo tab design rather than servo motors directly connected to the primary flight surfaces.

Some of the folk involved with the ECO system have teamed up with Levil and this is the result.

https://aircraftautomation.com

the ease of installation may be attractive to some Savannah owners...

comments welcome

Kevin

Hi Kevin  A friend has an auto pilot fitted to his Savanah S.  I'll pm his contact to you and he can explain the system and how it works well and any other interesting aspects of the system in use.  He probably won't post on the forum even though he is a member; but rarely posts or looks at the posts.  Could you then post a summary of his system and also his operation experience.  Cheers Mike