Pilot fell asleep flying over Brisbane

you cant say too much about it except roll your eyes.... And he had the cabin heater on, probably got a few extra PPM of CO. (if that aircraft had exhaust manifold heating, I dunno) 

This is not uncommon. A year or 2 back a pilot in Tassie fell asleep & woke up somewhere past King Island. The conclusion was similar. Fatigue due to not enough sleep & he had not eaten breakfast so the F and the E were missing from his personal IMSAFE check. This sounds similar with at least the F missing.

• Informative 1

On 27/05/2021 at 8:53 AM, kgwilson said:

This is not uncommon. A year or 2 back a pilot in Tassie fell asleep & woke up somewhere past King Island. The conclusion was similar. Fatigue due to not enough sleep & he had not eaten breakfast so the F and the E were missing from his personal IMSAFE check. This sounds similar with at least the F missing.

Yes indeed. 
One of my flying mates tells the story of his dear ol’ Dad who was still flying at age 82, took off from somewhere in Victoria  or maybe Bass Strait ( I forget where now) anyway got set up on autopilot and then dozed off. Managed to fly into controlled airspace across Melbourne, airlines diverted everywhere while he did, woke up over Tullamarine airport, “oops sorry guys, can I have vectors for Moorabbin (or maybe Essendon). 
I don’t know what happened to him legally or if he stopped flying after that. 

but point is it happens every now and then. 

Edited by Jaba-who
  • Informative 1