club/PPR airstrips around Albury- Tangambalanga ?

RFguy

I suppose Mitta Mitta - YITT (23NM south east) is too far for your purposes. 

Anyway, it's a nice PPR strip to visit (albeit with a 3 km hike into town). 

Or, maybe even Albury itself if you could arrange your arrival and departure outside of TWR HRs.

I'd like to try that some time; getting in early on a Saturday morning and out early on the Sunday.

Mitta Mitta:

rgg5lQTtTqeoGHWGjdMNRQ_thumb_7ae1.thumb.jpg.60557c8469573982d65f1ed667fa12ec.jpg

Edited by Garfly

Thanks

Mitta Mitta is nice . Ahh need that 2nd, not so fast plane that is a tail wheel.  Savannah tailwheel etc...Plenty of Lightwings around.... for landing on unprepared strips....I'd be happy with 85 kts.

I gather I am not the first person think they need two planes.

Edited by RFguy
  • Like 1

HI Glen,

I don't think that's a problem at YITT.  I know of a guy who takes his Baron in there regularly.  Pretty long and smooth, generally, I think.  Or maybe you're thinking of farm strips closer to your destination.

Edited by Garfly

Oh yeah I agree. No problem for the Jab at all. 

I was thinking about people's paddocks, farm strips etc.....

Edited by RFguy

Not sure where your destination is but there is the strip at Brown Bros at Millawa. also Beechworth, but that is short and rough. There is or was another strip just East of Millawa owned by a vintner whose name escapes me, he used to fly a Piper and a tiger Moth from it.

Thanks Yenn

I'll talk to a few others in the region and there will be something.

Destination Tamgambalanga, and Albury... In the meantime, I will drive... since I will be in the vicinity.  Of course, something like an RV4 would do almost both jobs.(rutted farm strips + fast trips).

yeah good points

Tangambalanga is only 20km SE of Albury... should be able to find a farm strip in the future once I fly around there a bit......glen

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/06/2021 at 4:10 PM, Yenn said:

Not sure where your destination is but there is the strip at Brown Bros at Millawa. also Beechworth, but that is short and rough. There is or was another strip just East of Millawa owned by a vintner whose name escapes me, he used to fly a Piper and a tiger Moth from it.

Rick Morris is his name, now has a zenith

• Like 1